* From "Voices of Old People"
-->'''Interviewer:''' But are you happy?
-->'''Mrs. Singer:''' If you mean, if, if you could say, yes, and I thought, and I was so happy, and everybody, "What is this? What is it?" It just is a ''beautiful'' life. Just a room. Your own room, in your own home.
** Subverted a little when you realize she's talking about being committed to an old folks home.
* How about this story? After UsefulNotes/MuhammadAli passed away, Paul Simon was given the news on stage and told it to his concertgoers.... then broke into "The Boxer" to pay him homage.
* The whole lyrics of "Bridge over Troubled Water", which is about [[YouAreNotAlone being there]] for AFriendInNeed.
* Listen to "Homeward Bound" when you're actually traveling home from a trip. Bonus points if you're a native New Yorker.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IwYQ1Vqf_4 The Only Living Boy in New York]]
** Childlike innocence and optimism just burst from this song. ''He-ey, I've got nothing to do to-day but smile . . .''
** Very early on, they performed together as Tom and Jerry. So that first line--'''''Tom,''' get your plane right on time'' is Paul (Jerry) singing to Art (Tom).