The tale of a band of gravity-cannons-for-hire traveling the galaxy to meet fascinating life-forms and kill them ... and there are still those moments which make us go ''awwww!''
* AFatherToHisMen is putting it mildly when one refers to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2007-12-17 Kaff]] [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2007-12-18 Tagon]].
** Another example (which overlaps with FunnyMoment) is his advice to a trooper reluctantly leaving the company. Tagon tells the grunt that he can turn in his body armor and issued weapons (which would be worth a lot of money to the company), and advises him to go live a long life where nobody shoots at him. The grunt mentions that he's going back to Earth space (which has not been a friendly place for the Toughs). After a beat, Tagon corrects his earlier statement.
--> '''Tagon''': Keep the weapons and one set of armor. If someone shoots at you, ''shoot back''.
* Hob, the first demolitions man of the Toughs sacrifices himself to save both his friends and a group of Amorphs. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2002-03-31 He gets buried in the soil where the new Eye trees are planted.]]
* This strip, where Liz asks Nick the right question: http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20100618.html
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-06-25 And later...]]
* After Brad detonates his disabled tank to keep it from causing thousands of deaths, [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090301.html they erect a 25-foot tall statue of him in a Credomarian park.]]
-->'''Lota:''' "King Lota thinks it is a little too big."
-->'''Schlock''': "Brad's best friend thinks it's almost big enough."
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090829.html Schlock himself demonstrates]] the [[InvertedTrope other side]] of the DescriptionCut.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20100620.html "What if, for at least the next couple of weeks, we put all our life-or-death expertise and energy into building something wonderful... something that will outlast our stay here?"]]
* "Playing [[LadyOfWar Goddess of War]] and protecting the most beautiful bald head in the universe is supposed to be '''my''' job. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-02-27 Thanks for standing in for me.]]"
* Sergeant Schlock demonstrates his friendship and loyalty [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2002-08-04 here]]...[[spoiler:which is quickly [[SubvertedTrope subverted]]]] .
* Tailor gets one partway through [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-09-12 this]] comic that is passed by pretty rapidly but really highlights his growing character and loyalty past just his duty.
-->"My captain needs me to be something I'm not."
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-21 The truth of the Toughs' mindwipe finally coming out]], and Tagon's total trust in "amorphous psychopath" Schlock's verification.
** The comic in general has a twisted sort of heartwarmingness about it; in spite of being about a group of scruple-deficient mercenaries, as the above-linked strip shows, friendship actually plays a big part and is sometimes the only thing the Toughs can really rely on. They may not be able to trust the person paying their commission and the guy with the altruistic motive for being on their side is almost certainly up to something, but they know damn sure they can rely on their friends.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2008-11-01 SNAP!]]
* One for the entire universe: The footnote that describes inertiics mentions that inertiic engineers get free passage ''anywhere'' out of appreciation for the fact that their skills save thousands of lives daily.
* Petey not only was happy to host Theo and Bunni's wedding, but he went to exceptional lengths to make sure it was the ''perfect'' wedding. For a god-koala-AI, he still looks after and cares for his friends.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-17 You... You and your... robots.]] [[spoiler:You saved my life a lot of times.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-25 Um]]...You know what? Now is a great time.