[[folder: Samurai Warriors]]
[[folder: Samurai Warriors 2]]
* In the second game, Nobunaga spends his entire story trying to unite Japan by slaying everyone in his way. [[spoiler:But then, he slays Mitsuhide Akechi and eventually take the body of the warrior out of Honnoji in his ending. His Dream scenario, ''Nobunaga's Dream: Nobunaga Unites Japan'' has him honoring Mitsuhide's memory, by issuing an order to his troops to not slay a single man, but instead have them retreat or surrender. The mission ends with him remembering of Mitsuhide.]]
* Motochika's final cutscene in [=SW2:XL=], when all his allies ([[TheBrute Yoshihiro]], [[LadyOfWar Ginchiyo]] and [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold Mitsunari]]) comfort him over Ieyasu's death.
[[folder: Samurai Warriors 3]]
* In the third game, Nene spends spends Hanzo's entire story route badgering him to learn the flute, so he'll have ''something'' he can do when the conflict ends, a notion he constantly rebuffs. [[spoiler: His ending has him playing the flute while surrounded by the dead and dying of the final battle, which Nene thanks him for in her dying breaths. The last shot is Hanzo entertaining some children with his music.]]
* Third game, Nobunaga's ending. [[spoiler:Mitsuhide is defeated, but does not die. Nobunaga lectures him a bit about how it is impossible to have everything and how things are changing as they speak, and to end it all... Nobunaga forgives him, both vanishing in a sea of flames, but hopefully to become living legends.]]
* Remember the tearjerking and DownerEnding for Oichi's story in the second game? Thankfully, KOEI has been kind for her in the third game. Even after Nagamasa sent her back to the Oda to ensure her safety like he did in the previous game, Oichi still wants and eventually managed to return to her husband, saying that she choose to be with him. Awww, they're not a SickeninglySweethearts for nothing, are they?
* Hanbei's death scene has him declare that he will always be a light watching over Kanbei.
[[folder: Samurai Warriors 4]]
* In the fourth game's Chronicle Mode, one event with Hideyoshi sees the player tasked with finding someone from Hideyoshi's childhood who used to bully him, so Hideyoshi could get some payback. When the player finds the scoundrel in question, he finds him all grown up, dirt poor, and hungry. If the player chooses to fib and tell Hideyoshi he wasn't home, Hideyoshi will write a threatening letter for the player to deliver to his house...except it's not a threatening letter, but a notice stating the former bully was now tax-exempt. What a stand-up guy, that Hideyoshi.
* One part this, one part BittersweetEnding; [[spoiler: after completing the gaiden stage for Legend of Kyushu, Yoshihiro is visited by Takatora who gives him Toyohisa's helmet. He's also relayed the news that Ieyasu has allowed his clan to keep the lands that were always theirs; all in part due to everyone recognizing the Shimazu's and more importantly, Toyohisa's valor. The boy's HeroicSacrifice not only saved him, but managed to save his clan's home at the same time...]]
-->'''Yoshihiro:''' *tearfully* [[SoProudOfYou ...victory to the Shimazu.]]