* The Boss and Gat's fist bumps and pound hugs.
* Donnie, now working for the Brotherhood, still misses his love interest Lin from his days in the Westside Rollerz and mourns her death. He even has a Voxel, Lin's preferred type of car with "in memorial" written on it. It makes you feel somewhat guilty when the Boss kidnaps him straight after.
* Carlos is unable to supply the Boss with much information about the Brotherhood. Though disappointed in him, the Boss reassures him. [[spoiler:Sadly, this makes his death in the next mission all the more heartbreaking]].
* The Boss visits Gat in the hospital after he got impaled with a katana and shows genuine anger throughout the Ronin missions after what happened. Given the character it's quite touching.
-->'''Gat:''' "So, the bastard's dead?"
-->'''Boss:''' "I cut him up myself. How are you feeling?"
-->'''Gat:''' "She's dead. You really gotta ask? Funeral?"
-->'''Boss:''' "We're waiting for you. How are you holding up?"
-->'''Gat:''' "Doc says I'll be up to murdering in a couple of days." ''Boss chuckles at this.'' "Well, he didn't say murderin', but you get the idea."
* Despite how much Gat and Aisha quarrel with each other, the amount of emotion Gat displays during [[spoiler:Aisha's funeral]] shows how noble he can be at heart. [[spoiler:He brutally pummels Shogo Akuji for interrupting the funeral and has nothing but Aisha in mind.]]
** This soft side is also displayed when Ultor attacks the Saints. Gat informs the Boss to check Pierce and Shaundi and make sure they are okay.
* In the penultimate mission of the Brotherhood arc, one of the Saints soldiers can be heard shouting [[AndThisIsFor "THIS ONE'S FOR CARLOS!".]]