* If you ever catch a Bagon and have it evolve all the way to Salamence, this trope is in effect when you remember that all Bagon dream of flying.
* After defeating Norman, he states that as a gym leader he can't help but be upset that he lost, but as a father he is both happy and a little sad as well.
** In ''Emerald'', after you defeat him in a rematch, he asks the player what their dream is, then states [[SoProudOfYou his dream has already come true]].
* Do you know about that girl in Sootopolis who gives you berries daily? Similar to what happened to Mew in Red and Green, Kiri's an NPC added just before the Japanese release of Ruby and Sapphire in honor of the birth of Junichi Masuda's daughter, who the NPC is named after. And then, just before she gives you a berry, she says this: "My mommy and daddy named me that so I would grow healthy and warmhearted. That's what they wished."
!!Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
* Several meta examples:
** It is possible for the first time in ten years for a Pokémon [[http://youhate.us//images/9f/74/9f74f6412de6446d01f5cf56970dd60f.png?2400263 to return to the region it originated from]] after being transferred a generation forward[[note]]excluding ''Gold and Silver'' and their remakes[[/note]].
** The Pokédex has been redesigned to resemble a Game Boy Advance, emanating a wonderful sense of nostalgia.
* Evolving Bagon to Salamence becomes even more heartwarming now that it has a Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution requires having an exceptional bond between trainer and Pokémon, so being able to take Salamence's dream for flight further by Mega Evolving it to a more aerodynamic design is just moving.
* Norman bows in respect before the Gym battle begins. No other Leader shown does this - they all take battle poses instead. Even before the player wins, Norman is ''still'' incredibly proud of his child. Aww.