!!Gabe and Tycho/Mike and Jerry
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/12/26/ This]] comic in which Gabe begins his first ever D&D Campaign (the following comic ruins the moment a bit).
** Moment fixed with [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/03/29/ This]]
* The birth of Gabe's son and the fact that his friends were there in the waiting room to support him and help him and how happy Gabe was about his son's birth.
* The birth of Tycho's daughter, and the description he writes about it ("Girl, You're So Groovy"):.
-->[[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2009/9/7/ You are alive; you are alive. May I be worthy of]] [[http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/642286673_vYZoP-500x500.jpg you.]]
** And [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/11/25/ the birth of her big brother, Elliot]].
-->They handed him to me, eventually. Not first, now - thatís not done. The psychological weight of him nearly shattered my legs. This must have been how [[TransformersTheMovie Ultra Magnus felt, I thought, when Optimus Prime gave him the Matrix of Leadership]].\\
I very nearly buckled. Not struck ''dumb'', but struck, as a string might be struck, into ''sound'':\\
Itís me, I said. Iím the one who sang to you.
* On [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/9/10/ this]] news update, Tycho (referred to by his real name, Jerry, in the update) tells a tale about his mother. He talks about how, when he was a teenager, his mother's church said that DungeonsAndDragons "held within it the clustered seeds of apostasy". She came to PAX, of course, and ended up seeing "Of Dice and Men", which bewildered her to the point that she watched the D&D Live panel. After the show, she came up to Tycho, with tears in her eyes, and simply said "I'm sorry, Jerry. I'm sorry. They told me it was something else."
* The [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/02/17/ VERY Special Penny Arcade]].
** The commentary in the book version makes it better.
--->'''Tycho''': I remember coming back to the apartment after this went up, seeing Kara get out of Gabe's computer chair, look at me, smile, and wipe tears out of her eyes. I didn't remember that until just now.
*** Assuming he didn't get some help from Tycho on this, Gabe is apparently a pretty goddamn good writer himself when he really goes for it. That proposal is tear-inducingly beautiful.
* Gabe's six-year-old wants to stay up and watch him play D&D. Gabe tells him it's a school night and a game for grownups, and sends him to bed. A little later he gets this note written in crayon: WEN I AM 7 CAN I PLA DUNJNS AND DRAGINS.
* When a little girl is [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/07/23/awesome/ cheered up]] by Gabe's account of a [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/7/23/ Pokemon tournament]]. (scroll down the page for full story)
** Also the way the kids' behaviour convinces Gabe to stop powergaming, "throw away my spreadsheets" and enjoy it more.
* The last part of the opening to the third book.
-->Robert, the man we had met, eventually agreed to be the person who would take things seriously. This seriousness - though not on our part, certainly - brought with it a measure of stability. And from that stability came PAX, the book you are reading, and even Child's Play.\\
It was a reader who made it happen - and got to us before we could destroy the whole thing. One of ''you''.\\
Every good thing in my life that has ever happened to me has been the result of your enthusiasm, you kindness, and your support.
* [[http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/06/01 This moment from 2001]]. One of those moments where Gabe and Tycho show that they're TrueCompanions.
* The ending of the Penny Arcade Presents themed episode in season 3 was a high point. Mike's watercolor of Link gets auctioned off at the Child's Play Charity Dinner, and it goes for $5000.
-->'''Mike:''' [[ManlyTears Can you do the next one?]]
-->'''Jerry:''' Take as much time as you need.
* Mike (Gabe) went to an award ceremony in Las Vegas that Penny Arcade was nominated in, Penny Arcade didn't win, but he got to meet his heroes Jim Davis and Stephen Silver. Stephen Silver even considered him his hero. Mike had ManlyTears over how happy he was.
* The generally magnanimous way the pair handled the ongoing ''Videogame/MassEffect3'' Child's Play protest and their explanation for what they felt it was time to shut it down. "Child's Play ''is'' the cause", indeed.
* [[http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/09/14 Gabe goes to the Wii U launch, and takes his son.]]
* [[http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/11/30 Gabe's rules for his son playing Minecraft on a public server.]]
* PATV 2x02: [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/202/ The Proposal]]
** Also, the first season finale, about Mike and Jerry's families, ending with a picture of them together from Jerry's wedding.
* Tycho's [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2003/6/4/ description of Vatican City]] is kind of amazing.
-->Even as a person who is not really down with this sort of thing, it had a very pronounced effect on me. It is ''beautiful'', and you can appreciate it either because it's the house of God or because human beings of tremendous talent and passion created something immortal.
* Tycho's PurpleProse runs the gamut of hilarious, weird and epic. [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/11/25/ And then he writes this:]]
--> It's me, I said. I'm the one who sang to you.
* [[http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ Child's Play]]
* Mixed with [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome awesome too]], but Mike hearing about how a girl at his son's school likes Slenderman, a game definitely not for 7-8 year olds. So he's going to do something about it by teaching the parents about violent games and why their kids shouldn't play games online in a mature and reasonable way.
!!Penny Arcade Comics
* The ending of the ''[[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/8/2/ "Blood and Oil"]]'' saga.
--> '''Sam:''' Grab your coat, [[MechanicalLifeform Carl.]] We just quit.
--> '''Carl:''' We did?
--> '''Sam:''' [[FantasticRacism They were gonna junk you!]] No one does that to ''my'' friend. I guess you work for me now.
--> '''Carl:''' Do you mean it?
--> '''Sam:''' Yeah, I mean can't pay you much but...
--> '''Carl:''' No, I mean... [[WhatMeasureIsANonHuman That I'm your friend?]]'
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/1/ The Megaman 9 Effect]]. Brings back fond memories for anyone who grew up playing NES games.
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/12/7/ In the Service of the Queen.]] Which they created for their children to describe ''lullabies.'' All together now...
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/12/3/ Old school]]
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/7/22/ Annservice, Part Four]].
-->'''Tycho''': Set phasers to... adorable.
* [[http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/07/09 Sir, he said... he said to "Paint The Line."]] (For the full impact, of course, read the whole story.)
* Tycho's genuine interest in Gabe's son's RPG in [[http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/04/10 Emulator]]
-->'''Tycho:''': [[SincerityMode I am one hundred percent invested in this.]]
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/24 This strip]] involving ''VideoGame/TheLastOfUs'', in which Tycho gives his daughter a hug after playing.
* [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/10/01 This strip]], while revolving around two one-shot characters is pretty damn heartwarming.
!!Penny Arcade Webseries
* There is another about 4:30 into the [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/102/ 2nd part]] of the pilot for the new reality show.
* The whole finale of the show switches between TearJerker and this.
** The episode "Drugs" was also [[TearJerker quite touching]].
* [[PvP Scott Kurtz]] Giving Mike a [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/206/ photoshop picture of them together as kids]] for christmas after hearing about [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/118/ Mike's brother.]]