* Another one has [[AuthorAvatar Stephan]] mourning the death of his father-in-law. Since just describing it would do little to get the [[BuffySpeak heartwarmingness]] of the moment across, here's the dialogue.
--> '''Stephen''': And now he's gone. And I sit here and wonder... where did he go? Where is all that love? Where is all that acceptance? ... Where is Rick?
--> ''Pig hugs Stephen.''
--> '''Stephen''': There he is.
--> '''Pig''': Hey, I've got more where that came from.
* Also, [[http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/2009-02-17/?Page=3 this]] strip, from Feb 17, 2009:
-->'''Junior''': Dad, you haven't wasted every moment of your life just because you haven't caught all the zebras you thought you'd catch. I can think of a million of those moments you didn't waste.
-->'''Larry''': Oh yeah? Like wheech ones?
-->''[Panel of both laughing, as Larry pushes his son on a swing.]''
* A strip from around Memorial Day 2003 starts with Zebra and Rat discussing Pig, who Rat dropped off at the bus station for a trip. Rat speculates that Pig may have gone to the beach as that's "what everyone does on these long weekends." The wide shot shows Pig alone at the Vietnam War Memorial, reading the names.
* After Larry gets kicked out of the "Li'l Tykes Kid's Club", when he tries to form [[http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/5fe3ebc07345012ee3c400163e41dd5b?width=900.0 Club One Guy.]]
* [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/25 For once, Pig is smarter than Rat.]]
* The creator's tribute to Bil Keane (creator of FamilyCircus) in his [[http://stephanpastis.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/the-dotted-line-fades-away-a-few-words-about-bil-keane-1922-2011/ blog]].
** And his [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/12/25 tribute strip]].
* The [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/05/06 May 6, 2012]] Sunday strip about Neighbor Willy has such a heartwarming moment.
* [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/09/09 Nicest ting indeed.]]
* Rat offering Pig a beer after he got dumped by Pigita (again). Lampshaded by Pastis in the treasury it's featured in, when he says he likes to give Rat the occasional PetTheDog moment to prove he's not a ''complete'' asshole.
* Aw, [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/12/25 Andy's father does care about him]].
* The tribute to the victims in the Sandy School shooting [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2013/01/14]].
* Pastis has often said that Pig's sweetness is what keeps the strip from getting ''too'' dark:
** Pig is sitting at a desk with a sign saying "Hold Me. Make my probblims go away." Rat calls Pig dumb for thinking that being held will make his problems go away. Pig then alters the sign to read "Hold me anyways."
** Also, after Pig imagined that he was a butterfly and fell off the roof, Rat addresses him in the hospital and offers a rare JerkWithAHeartOfGold moment: "No, you dumb pig. You jumped out of the window and hit... (pause) ...the moon."
** The [[http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/2007-12-01/ December 1st, 2007]] strip.
---> '''Pig''': Aw, Andy. It's... It's because you're --
---> '''Andy:''' ... On a chain. A chain that gets a little weaker every time I pull against it... a chain that one day's gonna break.
---> '''Pig, hugging Andy''': Oh, Andy.
---> '''Andy:''' Hey... Don't squish the hat.
** There's also Pastis's touching memorial to his recently deceased father-in-law from [[http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/2010-02-07/ February 2, 2010]]
** The conclusion of an arc that has Junior Croc dating a girl zebra (Zebra's niece). When Junior finds out she's leaving he proceeds to break down his door (he was grounded at the time) and give her a goodbye hug.
*** Another one happens when the two string popcorn while Zebra decorates the tree after Billy runs away to spend Christmas with them.
*** Also involving Junior is [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/15 this June 15, 2011]] strip. Making it even more heartwarming is it was released a few days before Father's Day in many countries.
** Given the strip's animosity towards FamilyCircus and Bil Keane, the [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/12/25 December 25th strip]] was an oddly touching tribute...