* At the end of the first map, Luke and Cory [[http://grandline3point5.thecomicseries.com/comics/31/ call out]] "[[EveryEpisodeEnding NEW MAP!]]" Luke then stops and prompts Nat to join in, showing how he's already accepted the newbie as part of the group.
* Luke asking Nat if she wants to see a movie with him after the Buggy Arc.
* After teasing Phil a little, Luke [[http://grandline3point5.thecomicseries.com/comics/251 comes up with the idea]] of Luffy knowing his father to make his entry into the group a little smoother. He also keeps commenting that Phil's fitting in just fine, welcoming him to the group despite how Phil's implictedly mocked their hobbies in the past.
* GM [[spoiler:lies about Phil's roll, letting him defeat Jango.]] It's a huge PetTheDog moment and it probably factored in...
* Phil's decision to join the group. He was making fun of them only hours before and by the end of the night he's happily joined the group. There isn't a big moment where he says it was a lot of fun or that he was wrong for being a jerk. He just joins without a second thought.