* Jeff is really good at these heartfelt speeches.
--> '''Jeff''': I guess this is just another lost cause, Mr. Paine. All you people don't know about lost causes. Mr. Paine does. He said once they were the only causes worth fighting for, and he fought for them once, for the only reason any man ever fights for them: Because of one plain simple rule: Love thy neighbor. And in this world today, full of hatred, a man who knows that one rule has a great trust.
* Clarissa's letter to Jeff during the filibuster.
--> "Diz says I'm falling for you. P.S. [[spoiler: He's right]]."
* Clarissa has just called Jeff's mom to ask for help. Mrs. Smith calls her Clarissa (and not "Saunders", as most everyone does). Clarissa gives the best smile. "She called me Clarissa!" It's nice to have your future mother-in-law like you, right?
* The scene at the Lincoln Memorial when Jefferson Smith overhears a little boy standing next to an elderly man (probably the boy's grandfather) and reading the "Gettysburg Address". During this, an elderly black man walks up and takes off his hat. Knowing the year the movie was made it is very possible that both men, white and black, were old enough to remember those events. Its even possible the black man may have been born a slave.
* When Jeff, visibly shaking and in a tremulous voice, reads out his bill for the boys' camp, his fellow Senators snicker audibly -- until he comes to the end. Cue enthusiastic cheers from an unseen horde of children. He finally raises his eyes to the visitors' gallery to find thirty or so boys -- clearly orphans, escorted by Catholic sisters[[note]]obviously Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul[[/note]]. Smith waves, relaxes visibly and becomes more confident. The senators can't help but break into applause seconds later.
* Jeff is pawing through the bales of letters that Taylor's machine have had written to discredit him. He looks over to the Presiding Officer, who gives him a friendly smile. Jeff smiles back, then heads into his final "Lost Causes" speech. One could see that the Presiding Officer gave Jeff one last bit of strength at the exact moment he needed it. View this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjDmw6IrFg here]].
* While attempting to draft his bill, Jeff keeps getting distracted asking Saunders about herself. She can't help smiling, and you get the impression that this is the first time anyone in Washington has taken such an interest in her as a person (even her friend Diz doesn't know her first name).