* "You are going to be alright, my friend."
* In the first ''Modern Warfare'', Outlaw sees an escorting Cobra get shot down and, despite the [[spoiler:nuclear threat]], they decide to try and rescue the pilot of the Cobra. [[spoiler:It's pointless as the nuke goes off just seconds before Outlaw reaches minimum safe distance.]]
* A twofer with one gun: in ''Modern Warfare 2'', [[spoiler:Price is handed back his [=M1911=] pistol back by Soap, after he kept it when Price slid it to him in order to kill the BigBad of the first game]]. However, this is repeated [[spoiler:in ''Modern Warfare 3'' when [[TearJerker Soap dies and Price lays his pistol on Soap's body, as he tries to not lose control over the loss of his friend]]]].
** The impact of the scene is enhanced by the fact that Price reflects on the long history between him and Soap as various pictures of Soap and Price are shown in cheery moods during their Task Force 141 days (Ghost appears in one of these pictures too along with Sandman). Price then says regarding Soap that you don't really [[spoiler: appreciate your friends and their accomplishments until they are gone and you try your best to keep the fond memories of them alive even as their faces fade from your memory.]]
* In ''Modern Warfare 3'', shortly after [[spoiler:Soap dies, Baseplate aka [=MacMillan=] consoles Price upon hearing of what happened, even calling him "Son" and in his voice you can tell he really gives a damn about his protege, you get that fatherly vibe off him.]]
** The fatherly vibe is present in every conversation. Note that he is the only person in any of the games to address Price by his first name, John. Even as late as the current game, the MasterApprenticeChain remains intact.
* [[TheDeadHaveNames "We put a lot of names on the clock tower this week, lad."]]
* A small but significant Heartwarming moment appears in the briefing of "Dust to Dust" - when the logo of Task Force 141 is shown, the "DISAVOWED" ribbon is no longer blemishing the aforementioned seal of true badassery. Price did it. He won. He cleared their names of treason and acts of terror. Now if only [[spoiler:Soap and the rest of Task Force 141 had lived to see it...]]
** The fact that this is shown immediately ''after'' Price's [[spoiler:Briefing Wall Shrine]] drives it home.