* Tom's very cute proposition that him and Hatsune be brother and sister because both of them are lacking a family in [[ParentalNeglect one way]] [[ParentalAbandonment or another]].
** Regardless of the [[BrotherSisterIncest implications]], considering Hatsune falls in love with Tom later on.
* Tom and Irene's little pep talk to Hatsune after her brush with the Ripper in which Hatsune realises that Irene is more of a mother to her than her real mother ever was.
* Hatsune and Tom's FirstKiss (Well, [[AlmostKiss first]] [[AnywhereButTheirLips real one]]) under the mistletoe was very sweet.
* The gift giving scene, where Jack actually bothers to buy Hatsune a present by which she is endlessly amused. Hatsune's warm look when she receives a stuffed elephant as a gift from Tom is priceless.
** Hatsune later tries on the tea gown Irene bought her and the hair pin from Jack, and feels like she truly belongs in the Victorian era.
* Hatsune's journal entry after New Years.
* Heck, just the New Years scene!