* When [[spoiler:Mr. Fusspot inherits Wuffles' role]].
** Also on a related note: [[spoiler: When Cosmo reveals that Ventari visits Wuffles' grave once a week and lays a single dog biscuit on it.]]
** But never the yellow ones, because he didn't like the yellow ones.
* When Adora learns that Moist doesn't do dangerous stunts when she's around because she's all the excitement he needs, she demands that he give her a kiss.
* Oddly enough, when [[spoiler: Cosmo wakes up in the Vetinari Ward of the psych hospital.]] For the entire book, he had walked a strange line between a brutal and resourceful villain and...well, a Vetinari fanboy. He even bought a complex clockwork device that would do nothing but ''raise one eyebrow for him''. You can't help but feel a bit good when he's shown to be content with his accommodations, [[spoiler: now that he's completely fallen into his Vetinari fantasy.]] This line in particular:
-->[[spoiler:"Cosmo beamed. And two weeks later, when he won the eyebrow-raising competition, he was happier than he'd ever been before."]]
* When we learn that [[spoiler: Hubert bawled all through Topsy's funeral]].
* [[IgnoredEnamouredUnderling Miss Drapes]]' affection for Mr. Bent finally paying off, she takes care of him following his SanitySlippage and they eventually [[spoiler: marry when he recovers.]]
** When [[spoiler: Mr Bent announces his engagement]], his employees, despite being afraid of him for most of their career, hoist him up onto their shoulders.