* [[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=124478 Timbermare]] was created as a tribute to pro player Jamie Wakefield's wife Marilyn (nicknamed "Lovely Mare"), who died of ovarian cancer. Keep in mind that Magic sets are designed about a year in advance, and ''Planar Chaos'' came out about a year after her death, meaning that the card was designed almost immediately after the tragedy. [[http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/13483_Official_Planar_Chaos_Preview_Timbermare.html The full story.]]
* Being the creator of a multi-billion dollar game allows Richard Garfield to create some [[http://www.magiclibrarities.net/352-rarities-garfield-event-cards-english-cards-images.html nifty cards.]] But there's more! The art of the first card was left undocumented by Garfield's request, which was for the longest time honored by ''the entire Internet'' (but can now be seen [[http://magiccards.info/scans/en/uqc/3.jpg here]]). The second card speaks for itself, and if you don't get the art for the third, [[spoiler:consider why the artist put ''four'' plates on the table.]]
* [[http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Carnival+of+Souls This.]] Makes you feel sorry for that guy.
* Terese Nielsen [[http://teresenielsen.typepad.com/the_world_of_terese_niels/2012/04/avacyn-restored-descendants-path-a-journey-of-personal-healing.html talks about the inspiration for the art of Descendant's Path]], and how her family figured in it.
* In [[http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ur/285 Emenberry Red]], [[DarkIsNotEvil Erebos]] helping Pavios in the only way he can. [[spoiler:Pity it's tragic...]]
* When Elspeth has been cast out as a scapegoat for [[spoiler: Xenagos' ascension]] and turned against by seemingly all of Theros, including Heliod, Ajani comes looking for her and becomes her companion on the quest to slay [[spoiler: Xenagos]], along with the leonin of Theros. Cemented by [[http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/solidarity-heroes/ Solidarity of Heroes]].
** [[spoiler: Even amidst the DownerEnding of ''Godsend'', there's heartwarming to be found. ''Elspeth's breath slowed as he took her beyond the boundary of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and laid her upon the bare earth. He wouldn't let her die at the feet of the gods.'' Even in Elspeth's last moments, Ajani is still there for her.]]
** Likewise, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTGm-o3OXcA the trailer for Journey Into Nyx]] seems to cast Erebos in an almost-fatherly light, reciting a litany of comfort and respect for Elspeth, as if to tell her [[SoProudOfYou how proud he is of her]].
* [[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380483 Reviving Melody]], which depicts about a woman rescuing her husband from the Underworld, telling him "Listen to my song, and you need never forge a golden mask to return to me."[[note]]In the plane of Theros, those trapped in the Underworld can escape by forging a golden mask, at the cost of the memories of their former lives.[[/note]]
* The flavor text on [[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=213795 Ogre Resister]]:
--> He didn't have a word for "home," but [[YouShallNotPass he knew it was something to be defended.]]
* Nahiri's defiance of Sorin's cynical take on their resistance against the Eldrazi
--> Any hope is better than none. Always.
* Ojutai's SoProudOfYou moment as his student Narset surpasses him. [[spoiler: Even if it could be argued he has ulterior motives of wanting to keep the truth of his subjugation of the former Jeskai and the existence of Ugin hidden when he implicitly exhorts Narset to planeswalk.]]
* The Dromoka of Tarkir, in the new timeline, are basically a big, giant familial meritocracy in which dragons have a bunch of 'children' adopted, and everyone is welcome. Unlike most of the other Dragonlords, Dromoka has nothing but respect and protection for her subjects, and really, just look at the art for [[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Dromoka%27s+Gift Dromoka's Gift]]. She's just [[SoProudOfYou so proud]] of the brave warrior to have earned one of her scales, like a parent at a child's graduation.
** Another thing to consider in the Dromoka is that unlike any other clan, the dragons and non-dragons freely speak to eachother, with mutual respect. Not even the Ojutai can claim that.
** Still, the meritocracy angle, [[http://el-jarado.tumblr.com/post/114023481933/once-again-white-green-is-the-nicest-color as pointed out here]], [[FridgeHorror is a bit depressing]], considering that Dromoka is a [[TheSocialDarwinist social darwinist]], if a bit nicer than most.
* Sarkhan, [[http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/tarkir-dragons-2015-02-25 upon arriving at the new dragon-filled Tarkir]], runs and flies around as happy as can be, kid-in-a-candystore style, only briefly stopping to give hugs to a goblin he once knew in the old timeline.
* [[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=zendikar%20resurgent Zendikar Resurgent]], from Oath of the Gatewatch. Finally, after all the horror of the Zendikar storyline, all the torment and suffering brought on by the [[EldritchAbomination Eldrazi]], Zendikar is finally safe. Ulamog and Kozilek are gone. Zendikar can heal. The nightmare is finally over, and we have the Gatewatch on standby to take down Emrakul and anyone or anything else who dares threaten the safety of the Multiverse.