* What better to start this page than with the Eight Melodies?
[[folder: Take a melody, ]]
[[folder: Simple as can be, ]]
[[folder: Give it some words, ]]
[[folder: And sweet harmony. ]]
[[folder: Raise your voices, ]]
[[folder: All day long now, love grows strong now, ]]
[[folder: Sing a melody, ]]
[[folder: Of love, oh love. ]]
* The first ''Mother'' game does this with its Final Boss, too. [[spoiler:Giegue is defeated by a song his adoptive mother Maria sang to him when he was an infant. He tries to stop Ninten, Ana, and Loid from finishing, but fails and instead flees in confusion (though not before promising Ninten he'd come back.) It was incredible, and quite touching too.]]
* How about the cute PuppyLove moment between Ninten and Ana that Teddy allows out of the blue close to the end of the game? It's primitive 8-Bit RPG dancing, but it just begs you to go "D'awwww..."
* The fact that [[spoiler: Queen Mary, aka Maria, raised Giegue/Gyiyg/Giygas and loved him as if he were her own child is pretty sweet in itself]]. [[http://static1.e926.net/data/ee/a8/eea83a478b5479bf64e2ddb889450ad3.png Some]] [[http://inguz3.deviantart.com/art/Eight-Melodies-245192108 very]] [[http://creamsouffle.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Mary-s-Lullaby-410447915 well]] [[http://kittydemonchild.deviantart.com/art/Spoiler-Darrow-s-Giygas-WP-157417486 done]] [[http://local-static2.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0018/8747/Earthbound296.jpg fan]] [[http://sony-shock.deviantart.com/art/A-kind-heart-371436247 art]] only cements how cute and somewhat tragic their relationship is, while also symbolizing the entire game in a nutshell.
* [[spoiler: The ending. Ana's mother and the rest of the abducted parents reunite with their children, Lloyd is hailed as a hero at school, no longer picked on by his peers. Teddy fully recovers from his injuries and becomes a star performer at the Live House, and Ninten successfully reunites his great-grandparents in the afterlife, goes home to Podunk, and takes a well-deserved nap.]]
* On June 14th, 2015, Itoi confirmed that ''[=EarthBound Beginnings=]'' will be on the U.S. and European UsefulNotes/WiiU Virtual Console, a MAJOR victory won by the love of the entire fanbase.
* ''[=EarthBound=]''. To defeat the very final boss, a CosmicHorror, you can't just smash him with your attacks. You eventually have to use the oft-useless pray command to cause people you've helped over the game to stop for just a second, wherever they are, and hope you are OK and that you are well wherever you are. Heartwarming. After a few attempts the game runs out of these people so Paula uses the turn to just cry out into the darkness of time for someone, anyone to help them fight this horrible being. The very last person to wish them will and give them the power to defeat the horror, ''you''. The game actually asks ''you'' to pray for them to be able to defeat the final boss and if you were under a certain age, or a certain level of naivety, or simply surprised at the NoFourthWall moment of it all, you prayed for them.
** That's when you realize why the game asked you for your name, which was a good ten to twenty gameplay hours ago if you're speedy. If you ''don't'' remember the game asking you for your name, it's ''even more awesome.''
** And in case that isn't enough to tug your heartstrings, the ending - both when [[spoiler:Ness walks Paula home]] and the ending credit roll - have two of the most moving musical pieces in video game history.
* The memories that flash in your mind as you visit the My Sanctuaries. The image of being held by both your parents as a baby, hearing her prayers that you grow to be a strong young man.
* [[spoiler: In Earthbound, when you return from the final battle, especially when Poo told the gang that their adventure was over and performed "PSI Farewell". Also to be included that they all have to part and go back to being "regular kids".]]
** In the same scene, Jeff tells Paula and Ness that, should they ever get hitched, he could be "the guy who helps fix their electrical appliances or something." To make it even better, you see his sprite walk up to both of them and makes a little shuffling motion. It's simple, given his sprite's limitations, but it's unmistakably a hug. Jeff, you were such a sweet guy...
* [[spoiler: Ness escorting Paula home at the end]]. Especially since [[spoiler: it's implied that Paula was trying to confess her love for Ness]]. Just listen to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvkMUinORSg the background music]].
** [[spoiler: When Paula asks Ness to escort her home, you can say No. If you do, Paula decides to escort ''him'' home. When you arrive, Ness' mom teases him about his girlfriend, and Paula joins Ness' family for the final in-game shot.]]
* What's sweeter than a marriage proposal? [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xbgFFfYbzI&feature=related Using Earthbound to do the proposal!]]
* This kind of counts for Fridge Brilliance as well: if Giygas rules in the the future, that means that the Chosen Four failed some time during their adventure, probably to Giygas. Why? Because they didn't have YOU to pray for them. Meaning YOU saved the Earth, and possibly the whole universe.
* In Dusty Dunes Desert, you can find two very small, almost completely unnoticeable sesame seeds. Both of them will mention the other and refer to him or her as a long lost love. It's easy to dismiss this as just another weird thing the game throws at you. Well, [[BrickJoke until...]]
* Ness getting homesick if he doesn't phone his mom in a while. It's a very small detail that makes this game even more lovable.
* The second row of credits where the game's main theme (and the sound stone's music) Smiles and Tears plays while all the photos the photo man took that you bothered to look for are shown while the developer's names scroll, its just such a nice way to look at those pictures and be reminded of all the things you did in the game after beating it and Smiles and Tears just makes it a really long sweet moment (especially the part where it says I miss you) and the credits end by thanking you the player acknowledging you one last time before the credits end.
* Itoi confirmed on Miiverse that Mother 2 will be on the US and [[NoExportForYou European]] UsefulNotes/WiiU Virtual Console, a MAJOR victory won by the love of the entire fanbase.
* The ending. Especially during the credits when [[spoiler: the Masked Man reverts to Claus and runs off with Lucas. Or when both sets of Eight Melodies from the first two games play. Or when it shows Hinawa releasing the pigeon. Or the new logo with the completely wooden letters and a normal Earth. Or, well, EVERYTHING.]]
* At the end of Chapter 4, in which DCMC plays one last concert for their buddy Lucky [[spoiler: AKA Duster]]. And then there's the flashbacks of their times together as a band... How Lucky learned to play bass... How they all stuck up for one another... *sniff* Now THERE'S TrueCompanions for you!
--> Hey, big guy in the sky, look out for our pal...
* Bit of a HarsherInHindsight example, but it deserves to be mentioned. In Chapter 1, Flint spends a good part of at least several in-game hours trying to find his family, after they never came back from the burning forest. After finally finding them, the reunion he shares with his boys is very sweet.
** Not to mention ''every single member'' of Tazmily village pitches in to help, since in Tazmily, everybody cares about everybody else. That's heartwarming and [[HarsherInHindsight retroactively sad]] in and of itself.
* The little speech the last save frog gave you for playing through to the end is one, at least for me...
--> "I am the final frog in the game. It's been such a short time, but it feels long, too. In any case, thank you for your continued patronage through it all. For me, and all the other frogs, I thank you. * hop* *teardrop*
* The last [[DuelBoss Duel]] / PuzzleBoss fight against The Masked Man [[spoiler:aka Claus. Hinawa keeps talking to Claus to try and make him remember who he is, and Lucas refuses to attack for most of the battle (and doing so is fruitless once you ''can'' attack). All you can do is guard, heal, and pray. At the end, Claus wakes up... and kills himself. But he and Lucas embrace at the very end.]]
-->[[spoiler: '''Claus:''' I'm sorry it turned out like this. I'm really happy you could be with me just before the end... Thanks. Dad. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. [[TearJerker I'm going to where Mom is now.]]]]
** Immediately following this scene, Flint [[spoiler:asks you to forgive Claus for being "hasty". After Claus strikes him down twice, he just gets up (which might qualify as a [[CrowningMomentofAwesome CMoA]]), and asks you to forgive him. Now that's a loving father.]]
* [[spoiler:After Lucas pulls the final needle, and the world is shown being destroyed as the Dragon awakens, it cuts to a completely black screen with just the word 'END?' in the center. The trick is, though, that you can walk away. As you do so, though you cannot see anything, you find that you, as in the player, are in the game and are talking to the characters. They all reassure you that the world has been recreated and that they couldn't have done it without you. They all direct you to Lucas. Once you encounter Lucas, he as well thanks you for helping him. He wishes he could talk to you longer, but knows you have to leave. But as he gives you his goodbyes, he asks you what your world is like. He asks you if your world's going to be okay. He... he tells the world to be good to you like you were good to his world. And then they credit you, the player, in the ending scroll!]]
* A Small one but During chapter 4, going to the old Men's Paradise you will find Mike all lonely, he asks if you came to see him,[[spoiler:If you say you Yes , he'll give you 50 DP and tell you to not tell his grandchildren since they don't visit him anymore.]]
* [[spoiler:Porky doing the same thing during his fight might count, too... He's probably addressing not Lucas, but you, the player, thanking you for playing to the end. How many games have the final boss thank you for playing the game to the end?]]
* The moment you find the Real Bat. Although perhaps a bit corny to say, it feels like Ness is right there with Lucas, lending him strength.
* [[BrickJoke ...later]], when you get to [[spoiler: the boat ride in the Empire Porky Building, the final exhibit is the two sesame seeds, together at last.]] Awwwww... even plant life can find love in this world.
* The ending title screen really is a sight to see. [[spoiler: There's something sweet about seeing the once-metallic title screen become the planet Earth with wooden letters around it. The music that plays on this screen is also both heartwarming and a bit of a tearjerker, considering that the game is over...]]
* When Lucas, Kumatora, and Boney arrive at Lydia's house to pull their needle, they wonder who will look after their bunnies when they're gone. [[spoiler: After the Masked Man pulls the needle, going back inside reveals that the Pigmask Captain Lydia had saved earlier is taking care of the bunnies.]]
* When Lucas' party returns to Tazmily to go to Ionia's house, it's possible to return to Lucas' house, where you'll find this little gem:
--> '''Pigmask:''' This annoying onlooker's not such a bad guy after all. He feels less and less like a stranger each day.
--> '''Guy:''' I like this masked guy. He knows the score. He's got a nice mask, too.
* Despite being small, it's clear that Tessie cared for Lucas and Claus like a mother when they are dealing with their mother's death.
* A flashback to Hinawa and Flint (it's not indicated who is saying what) looking over their newborn sons.
-->How do you want them to grow up to be?\\
To be kind, just like you.\\
Oh, I was going to say to be kind, just like YOU.\\
Great, then it's decided.