* ''Everyone'', even Hak Foo and the Enforcers, trying to stop Jade from being dragged away by her own shadow.
* Jade [[HeroicSacrifice choosing]] to let herself be sucked in so her family wouldnít be.
* When Elyon realizes that she nearly killed Jade, she feels sorry about it.
** And the fact it was [[AlphaBitch Cornelia]], of all people, who stopped Elyon from killing Jade.
* [[EvenEvilHasLovedOnes Mirandaís love for Cedric]].
* Jade showing honest concern for Miranda when Nerissa zaps her.
* [[NobleDemon Raythor]] initially [[EvenEvilHasStandards refusing to allow]] Jade to join the Knights.
* Jade begins to realize that she may be more evil than she thinks when she recalls the time she killed Shendu. However, not only Raythor takes this idea out of her mind, explaining her that sometimes there are no options but to kill your enemy, but he also says that Jade is [[TokenGoodTeammate much more noble and nicer than the rest of the Knights]], including himself. This makes Jade to feel MUCH better (and the Queen much worse, [[NiceJobFixingItVillain as itís a major setback for the Queen in her quest to gain control of Jade]]).
** In fact, the Queen says that Jade likes Raythor enough that itís comparable to the regard she has for her family, and the Queen canít twist Jadeís feelings toward them into hate because of that.
** The fact that just yesterday Raythor saw with his own eyes how Jade ate a rat's [[BrainFood brain]] makes it all the more heartwarming.
** Heck, that entire scene was one big CMOH.
* Jade's unexpected PetTheDog moment with Sniffer and Tracker.
** In the next chapter, Jade spending time with Sniffer without objection from Tracker.
* Jade volunteering to watch over Miranda while the girl recovers from the battle.