* The scene where Paul and Amanda reunite with their long, lost son, Eric. Really, the plot of them desperately trying to find their son and protect him until they get off the island.
* [[MamaBear How]] [[PapaWolf willing]] the velociraptors were in getting their eggs back, especially when compared to the other two movies' portrayal of them.
* Grant conversing with Ellie's young son in the beginning, which is adorable once you remember that he used to [[ChildHater hate kids before the events of the first movie.]]
** The kid calling Grant, [[AffectionateNickname The Dinosaur Man]] showing that he has a bit of respect for Grant.
* Ellie called in [[spoiler: the marines]], after nothing but a garbled call for help from Alan.
* Grant's scene with [[spoiler: Billy]] at the end of the film. Earlier, Grant had chewed him out severely after his curiosity provoked him to take a few raptor eggs. Afterwards, it looked like [[spoiler: Billy]] had [[HeroicSacrifice died saving Eric from the]] ''[[HeroicSacrifice Pteranodons]]'', and Grant couldn't help remembering the [[PartingWordsRegret harsh last words]] he said to him. Against expectations, he gets a chance to make up.
-->'''[[spoiler:Billy]]''': ''"I rescued your hat."''
* Grant's PartingWordsRegret concerning [[spoiler: Billy]] leads into a heartfelt and memorable conversation with Eric, about the desire to see the things we devote our lives to studying, for real and up close. It really conveys how, for all the insanity Grant's been through in both this movie and the original, in his heart, he feels it's all been worth it. Cue the boat passing by a heard of Brachiosaurus, as John Williams's stirring theme plays. Just ''try'' watching that scene without your eyes moistening a little.
--> '''Eric:''' You know something, Dr. Grant? [[spoiler: Billy]] was right.
--> ''(Grant just smiles)''