* ''Only The Young'': During the initial recording sessions for their ''Raised on Radio" album, the Make A Wish Foundation let Journey know of the plight of Kenny Sykaluk, a young boy in Cleveland dying of cystic fibrosis. Journey flew that day to the boy's bedside, gave him a Walkman with a copy of the then-unreleased "Only The Young" and other memorabilia items. Being at the boy's deathbed greatly affected the band members, to the point that even years later, they still break down in tears recalling it. Full story [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_the_Young here]], with the Behind The Music retelling [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4iYY4IOer8 here]] at 5:13.
* Arguments can be made for just about the entire game, but the final chapter: [[spoiler: after freezing to death on the way to the peak, the White Robes who have been imparting the sad story of their lost civilization restore the player to perfect health and send him/her to the top of the mountain, a Shangri-La-like playground of red-cloth creatures and limitless, scarf-replenishing energy and beautiful, pure snow to slide in, ending in a plateau of sand suitable for writing simple messages or drawing pictures to communicate with your partner.]]
* The Final Confluence. [[spoiler: After rising to the top of a great shaft-temple, the Wanderer(s) commune once more with the White Robes as the ceiling lights up in a brilliant display...and illuminate a grand mural portraying the Wanderer(s)'s journey from the empty tombstone-strewn dunes to the mountain. The combination of beautiful imagery and equally-beautiful music positively ''radiates'' a very parental pride in the Wanderer's accomplishments.]]
** [[spoiler: Hints, however, at TearJerker; the mural ends with the Wanderer(s)' beaten down and collapsing in the wind and snow. When the Wanderer looks questioningly at the White Robe, the White Robe's manner is silently apologetic.]]
* For an uninitiated player the list of companion names at the end can be one. If you didn't know before that those were ''real'' people accompanying you on your journey, the realisation that you were never going it alone is truly touching.
** Not to mention that an uninitiated player, after [[spoiler:dying in the blizzard, the player is resurrected ''alone'', and there's no indication that their partner is being resurrected too, and the last, most triumphant part of the journey feels like it must be made alone.]] Among the most heartwarming moments in the game is finding your partner again.
* ''Any'' time a partner pauses right at the end of a long journey, so you can walk off into the distance side-by-side.