* Clyde Livingston, the baseball player whose sneakers Hector had stolen and Stanley IV had received by accident, explains during Stanley IV's trial that he was an orphan as a kid, so he could understand how it feels to grow up not really knowing your parents--he had donated his famous sneakers to help the kids.
* Stanley [[spoiler: carrying Zero up the mountain.]] Doesn't matter if you read it as HoYay or not, it's still ridiculously cute. Doubles as a CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
* "I can fix that."
* At the end of the film, all the boys rushing out to greet Stanley and even Zero when they return.
* When Stanley acquires his nickname of Caveman, and then when he's moved up one place in the water line. It shows how he's become a member of the group now, as opposed to simply "the new guy", and how the others are warming up to him.
* From the 2003 Film:
--> '''Mr. Pendanski:''' "Nobody cares about him. Nobody CARES about Hector Zeroni."
--> '''Stanley:''' "I do."
* At the end of the book, [[spoiler: Hector's mother]] sings this to him
--> "If only, if only, the moon speaks no reply;
--> Reflecting the sun and all that's gone by
--> [[ParentalLoveSong Be strong my weary wolf, turn around boldly]]
--> [[ParentalLoveSong Fly high, my baby bird]]
--> [[ParentalLoveSong My angel, my only]]."
* "I don't smell anything". Stanley III finally inventing something successfully after years of hard work and bad luck makes this phrase more powerful than it should be.
* Sarah refusing to leave Elya after finding out about his curse. One could interpret her choice as a big [[ScrewDestiny "screw you" to destiny itself]].
* When the Yelnats and Hector see the contents of the chest that belonged Stanely IV's great-grandfather and realize how valuable it is in the current time, Stanley IV says to his parents and grandfather, "It's only fair that half of whatever's in here goes to my best friend Hector Zeroni." Stanley's family readily agree to this, and after hearing what Hector's last name is, grandpa realizes how their family's curse was broken, the family gets excited and Stanley II gives Hector a big BearHug.
** Also, Hector had used some of his share of the money to hire a team of private investigators to find his MissingMom, who he's happily reunited with at the end of the movie--and it also turns out that she had been looking for him as well.
*** The very end of the movie shows Stanley IV and Hector as next-door neighbors and are now financially well-off, and all the boys they had gone to the camp with are hanging out with them as well.