* Death going back in time to purchase the toy horse that Albert had wanted as a child.
* Death rescuing the [[Literature/TheLittleMatchGirl Little Match Girl]]. Death himself shows what he longs most to do, but cannot in his own role.
[[folder: The Hogfather can. The Hogfather gives presents. There's no better present than a future. ]]
* Death's encounter with Nobby, [[spoiler:giving him the best Hogswatchnight of his life with a crossbow that one of Nobby's favorite magazines, 'had to break both arms of the reviewer to get it away from him'. And you know what? He'd gone up to the Hogfather exhibit in order to give the Hogfather a piece of his mind, because he had never gotten presents when he was child on Hogswatchnight, due to his family's poorness. The way Nobby lights up when he opens it really just made me go 'd'awwwwwww']].
** Later, Death not understanding Albert's point that the poor get poor things while the rich get rich things, and refusing to do so.
* The whole sequence with Hex is oddly moving, when Death asks him to believe in the Hogfather.
-->+++ I am preparing an area of [[ReadOnlyMemory Write-Only Memory]] +++\\
[[folder: What is that? ]]
+++ You would say: To Know In Your Bones +++
** Hex's response to being told to believe in the Hogfather
-->+++ Dear Hogfather, for Hogswatch I want+++
** And then there's the fact Hex is later only willing to work if he is FTB-enabled.
* Death's attempt at a Hogswatch card.
* Maybe I am a sentimental sop, but I found Violet and Bilious' spur-of-the-moment romance to be oddly sweet. Particularly:
-->Violet's lips moved silently. Part of Bilious thought: I'm attracted to a girl who actually [[TheDitz has to shut down all other brain functions in order to think about the order of the letters of the alphabet.]]\\
On the other hand, ''she's'' attracted to someone [[ThePigPen who's wearing a toga that looks as though a family of weasels have had a party in it]], so maybe I'll stop this thought right here.
* Susan's trick with the fireplace poker is awesome, yes, but it's also heartwarming on behalf of both her and her young charges since, as she points out, it's imbued with the power of their belief, and "they can tell who the real monster is." The roundabout ways that Susan tells her dear old granddad that she really does love him...
* The Susan Sto Hetlit school of nannying. She doesn't teach the kids not to be afraid of monsters -- she teaches them how to beat the crap out of them.
* Banjo turning against Teatime, and protecting Susan from Teatime, after learning the Teatime was trying to kill the Hogfather. In this one scene he establishes that he isn't a PsychopathicManChild, but just a regular ManChild that was misled.
* Susan and Death's entire conversation about humanity and belief:
-->'''Susan''': All right. I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... ''fantasies'' to make life bearable.\\
[[folder: Really? As if it was some kind of pink pill? No. Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape. ]]
'''Susan''': Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little-\\
[[folder: Yes. As practice. You have to start out learning to believe the ''little'' lies. ]]
'''Susan''': So we can believe the big ones?\\
[[folder: Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing. ]]
'''Susan''': They're not the same at all!\\
[[folder: You think so? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through the finest sieve and then ''show'' me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet- And yet you act as if there is some ideal order in the world, as if there is some ''rightness'' in the universe by which it may be judged. ]]
'''Susan''': Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the ''point''-\\
[[folder: My point exactly. There is a place where two galaxies have been colliding for a million years. Don't try to tell ''me'' that's right. ]]
'''Susan''': Yes, but people don't think about that. Somewhere there was a bed...\\
[[folder: Correct. Stars explode, worlds collide, there's hardly anywhere in the universe where humans can live without being frozen or fried, and yet you believe that a bed is a... a normal thing. It is the most amazing talent. ]]
[[folder: Oh, yes. A very special kind of stupidity. You think the whole universe is inside your heads. ]]
'''Susan''': You make us sound mad.\\
[[folder: No. You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they ''become''? ]]