* While there have been a smattering of moments here and there, in episode 5, Haruka [[spoiler: ''and'' Rin]] show concern over Makoto's fear of the ocean.
* Also from episode 5, after talking with Gou, Rin, in his first moment of brotherly love for her, offers to walk her back to the lodge she's staying at. The look on Gou's face says it all - she's so happy that her [[AloofBigBrother big brother]] wants to spend some more time with her.
* Many moments in episode 6. We again have Haru showing a lot of concern for Makoto, Makoto - as always - trying to put his friends at ease and not blaming Rei for what happened, Nagisa doing his best to cheer up the others...
-->Nagisa: If you're scared of the ocean, why did you participate in this training camp?
-->Makoto: Because I wanted to swim... because, I wanted to swim with you guys.
-->Makoto: When the four of us swim together... I feel like we can go anywhere.
* Rin going running the morning after the storm and deliberately going by the Iwatobi team's tents to make sure they're okay.
* When Haruka comes home late after everyone fails their qualifying rounds in episode 8...only to find Makoto asleep on his doorstep, holding his phone. He picks up the phone and hears a message from Nagisa, Rei and Gou, all begging him to come home and swim a relay tomorrow. Haruka wakes Makoto up - and agrees to swim the relay.
* Rin still remembering the strokes that are so characteristic for his friends. Him apparently realizing WHAT it was that he taught Haru what else could be important to swimming victories aside. Him getting positively jealous of Rei... ... pretty much all of the scene is both heartwarming and a MomentOfAwesome. ... just like pretty much all of the episode.
* The promo art and assorted posters and CD covers tend to have their share of sweet moments.
** [[http://media.tumblr.com/c8f46c37cc2e850bec16475c9d940b0b/tumblr_inline_mskjvk5n5V1r8ssjy.jpg The cover for volume 2 of the drama CD]]. Kou being happy to spend time with her brother, Rei and Nagisa walking together in the back and for once not getting on each other's nerves, and in the fore we have Makoto sharing something on his phone with Haruka who is ''smiling''.
* In episode 9, Haru buys goldfish for Makoto at the festival.
** Episode nine itself was practically a crowning ''episode'' of heartwarming, with Haru actually smiling and realising how much he loves swimming with the rest of the group. Their faces when he tells them this are priceless. ThePowerOfFriendship at its finest.
*** The fact that he's ''crying'' as he's smiling and saying that he wants to swim with them again. The boy finally showed some emotion towards his friends instead of having Makoto translate.
* Episode 11 really shows how much Haruka's opened up, and it's incredibly sweet every time. The once-stoic-faced boy smiles many times in this episode, in response to his teammates and friends, and he has a few sincere heart-to-hearts with each of them. His BrutalHonesty seems to have developed into a knack for being direct but saying exactly what people need to hear.
* Also in Episode 11, Haru thanking both Makoto and Nagisa for their friendship. Their reactions of pure elation are something to be seen.
* Episode 12 in its entirety. [[spoiler: Rei letting Rin take the Butterfly leg of the relay. Rin crying and hugging Haruka and apologizing. Everyone hugging Rin. The picture at the end with the Iwatobi Swim Club (including Rei) plus Rin, who is beaming. Just. Rin smiling. Rin being happy. Everyone being happy. Feelings abound.]]
* The five boys' [[TrueCompanions friendship]] as a whole and how it plays a huge role in [[ThePowerOfFriendship all of their character development]] is quite touching and possibly the strongest element of the whole series to boot.
* EVER BLUE is a Crowning Music of Heartwarming
-->What I found when we were brought together
-->Thanks to my friends, I saw something totally new (I wonít forget it)
-->Itís a sight more precious than winning or losing
-->Youíre the one who showed me the wonderful EVER BLUE
!Season 2 (''Eternal Summer'')
* In general both Haru and Rin are much more open than in the first season. Haru is still generally quiet and TheStoic, and Rin tends to be aloof and sometimes irritable. But they're both clearly happier and more engaged with the world and their friends. Haru's obsession with water seems to have relaxed into his biggest interest, and he's interested in other things too now. Rin cares about and tries to support people, even the ever-exasperating Momotaru.
* Seeing the cast on good terms from the first episode. From Haru and Rin's friendly rivalry to Rin continuing to call Nitori "Ai" and seeing more of the Matsuoka siblings' support and love for each other, it's certainly a nice way to open up the season.
** Nagisa calling Nitori "Ai-chan" while playfully teasing him. It seems like Nitori made some new friends too.
* The little kitten from the first season is all grown up, and Makoto still plays with it.
** In the second episode, you can even see he still has the fish Haru won for him. D'aaaaaw.
* The reason Rei had been falling asleep in class and sneaking off, using errands as excuses after school in episode 3; [[spoiler: he'd been going to Samezuka to receive late night swimming lessons from Rin so he could practise the other swimming strokes. Even better, he was doing it to surprise his friends.]]
** [[https://31.media.tumblr.com/40aa9f9c450b3c6772990f315078036c/tumblr_n8ud6thIcy1qifnqmo1_500.gif Rei's face]] when Haru (the one he looks up to the most when it comes to swimming) proudly acknowledges how hard he's worked. The guy's so happy he [[CryCute looks close to tears]].
** Rin [[spoiler: happily giving him swimming lessons for what probably are several weeks and being genuinely happy for Rei's progress;]] also openly declaring Rei a friend.
** The entire club being pretty upset [[spoiler: at the idea of Rei leaving the club and begging him not to]]. This whole episode is a testament of how close they have gotten by now.
* From episode 4, all of Rin's talk about how his friends "saved" him and support him. He even says that they are his strength. CharacterDevelopment is wonderful.
* Nagisa ran away from home in episode 5. His friends are so concerned for him!
* The [[http://i.imgur.com/qepd88y.png adorable]] ending card to episode 6.
* The entirety of episode 8, where Makoto coaches a group of little kids, and helps one of them get over his fear of swimming.