[[caption-width-right:350:I fInIsHeD [=OuR=] fAmIlY cReSt, [=PaPa=] [=HiLdY=]!]]
!! Legacy/A Realm Reborn
* A meta example, but during the launch party of ''Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn'' in Japan, director Naoki Yoshida shed ManlyTears after years of hard work revamping the game from the ground up while receiving a great amount of support from fans.
* Raubahn's UndyingLoyalty to the sultana, especially when he props the little lalafell queen up on his arm.
* [[spoiler: Everyone remembering you're a Warrior of Light in the ending cutscenes, if you're a Legacy veteran.]]
* [[spoiler: F'lhaminn reuniting with her adopted daughter, Minfilia, after being away from her for so many years while watching over her from a distance as her daughter grew up to be a successful and strong woman.]]
* During ''The Three Collectors'' arc of the Hildebrand quests, we're shown that while yes, Hildebrand ''is'' an idiotic bumbling fool, his desire to help people with their problems is true, as he happily helps a the neglected daughter of an Ul'dahn noble woman with recovering a vase she had dropped while bringing home to avoid a monster attack. He helps get the vase repaired and restored by [[spoiler:his father, Godbert, despite his misgivings and disagreements with him over inheriting the family business, preferring to be an inspector. Despite failing to stop the thief from stealing a treasured sword, he helps the aforementioned mother and daughter connect via a good laugh caused by his antics]].
** [[spoiler:The last Hildebrand quest (well, before he returns) is also a WhereAreTheyNow for everybody touched by the phantom's crime spree and Hildebrand's efforts, as they help you with the quest in some way or another. The Ul'dahn mother acknowledges that both Briarden and Hildebrand helped her rekindle her bond with her daughter. Arabella, the meek adopted daughter of a trade mogul, shows that she's taken a lesson in assertiveness to get you one of the ingredients to cure Hildy of a zombification powder ([[ItMakesSenseInContext don't ask]]). Avila, an Ala Mhigan gladiator who was cheating with the help of Ultros, has started from stratch; her popularity [[IncrediblyLamePun reborn]] and acquaintanceship with you is enough to give you the other ingredient.]]
* The cutscene for "The Rising" anniversary event is definitely this, as another "meta" sort of example. [[spoiler:The dev team, led by Yoshida and in the form of the Wandering Minstrel, takes the time to thank ''you'', the player, for sticking with ''XIV'' through thick and thin. That they went through all that trouble, just to thank you, says volumes about how grateful they are everyone gave them a second chance.]]
* The end of "The Beast Within" quest. [[spoiler:After being stuck as a Tonberry and stirring in rancor for 1500 years, the Scholar who your fairy, Lily, originally belonged to could tell one another apart despite the changes. He warned her to stay away despite the rancor and tried to keep her safe by running inside so he didn't hurt her, and she stopped him from being killed and cured him of the hatred that left him tormented.]]
* [[spoiler:A player by the name of Codex Vahlda, who enjoyed playing the game as a level 50 Bard, had passed away from renal failure. When news of his death caught on, hundreds of players from several servers [[http://kotaku.com/ffxiv-community-holds-massive-vigil-for-a-dying-player-1673823454 held vigils within the game to honor the passing of their fellow player]]. The gesture from so many players, including those who did not know Codex personally, is both heartwarming and tear jerker worthy.]]
** [[spoiler:What's more, Codex Vahlda still is part of the Free Company he was in before his death. They have not removed him in spite of the fact that he will not be playing anymore, instead giving him a high rank in the roster of which he is the sole occupant: Immortal Siren.]]
* Heavensturn 2014 has two warming entries:
** In Aleport, a mother is worried sick over her baby because it won't stop crying. At first, she believes that [[UglyGuyHotWife her husband's ugly face caused the baby to cry]]. When your sheep companion uses its soothing sleep magic on the mother, she realizes that it was her own worry and fears that was causing the baby to cry and after being calmed down herself, the baby also calmed down.
** Bentbranch Meadows has a travelling merchant who is worried for her chocobo since it refuses to eat and has become very restless. You discover a chocobo tail feather nearby and showing it to the chocobo calmed it down a little bit. After having your sheep put the chocobo to sleep, showing the feather to the chocobo handler reveals that the feather belonged to a chocobo that was a mate to the merchant's chocobo. Said mate was bought by someone and they had quickly left before the two chocobos could reunite, which caused the merchant's chocobo to become heartbroken. After sharing the news with the merchant, she decides to sacrifice her profits for the day so that she can help her chocobo find her lost mate. Aww...
* When you being the quest to explore Wander's Palace again (hard mode), you run into a couple who ask you to save the Tonberries inside. Why? Because after they were stabbed by one and left to die, the defeat of the Tonberry King lifted the curse on the Tonberries, making them calm and nursed the wounded couple back to health. As you explore the Mamool Ja infested palace, every Tonberry you save thanks you for rescuing them.
** The couple themselves is this for members of the LGBT community. The two are a gay male couple that were kicked out of their home village...because one of them is a Miqo'te and the other Hyur. The fact that they're both male isn't even brought up and the two specifically point out that despite being entirely different species their love is the same as anyone elses.
** And for those who have completed the Scholar quest chain, you find out that Surito (the tonberry scholar you helped out) is alive and well, and making good on his promise to help his fellow tonberries. In fact, he even appears in the dungeon, right past the first boss.
** In addition, for those playing a Scholar in the dungeon, the mere fact that you are bringing Lily (in either Eos or Selene form) back home to save her people is kind of heartwarming in and of itself.
* The end of the 2.55 story line is full of this towards the player. [[spoiler:You're accused of killing Sultana Nanamo Ul Namo, and are branded as a traitor by the Monteraists and the Crystal Braves. Raubahn, before he attacks the true culprit, tells you that not once had he ever doubted you. After escaping by yourself while the Scions [[BolivianArmyEnding stay behind to hold off the corrupt soldiers]], you can talk to several [=NPCs=] in each city and learn that they're still on your side; the commanders in each Grand Company believe you are truly innocent and refuse to believe that you, a Warrior of Light, would murder someone. If you completed a level 50 crafting/gathering class and/or a level 30 disciple of war/magic, the guild masters in their respective guilds tell you that you have their full support. For a major WhamEpisode where it seemed like [[DarkestHour everyone you know has betrayed you]], it's heartwarming to see everyday people who still believe in you to the very end.]]
** [[spoiler:Not just guild leaders, but plenty of others. Your initial escape, is facilitated by a simple chocobo carriage (the same one that brought non-Legacy adventurers to their starting cities). The owners of all three cities adventurer pubs flat-out say they trust you, as do those with close contact of the city leaders, with Gridania and Limsa letting you know that you have been granted free movement through their cities, and declare you innocent. The knights of Ishgard, who are probably not happy at some the accusations pointed their way by the conspirators, likewise intend to repay the Monetarist Hospitality with their own, with the leader of House Fortemps even declaring that any attempt to enter or cause trouble within Dragonhead, or the surrounding area in search of you and the Scions, will be denied entrance. Knowing that so many people are completely on your side will brighten your mood, given the dark ending of the 2.0 story.]]
** Speaking to Haurchefant following the story's conclusion and the credit roll, and he will truly prove how loyal an ally he is to you, reassuring you that the horrible chain of events that took place in ''Before the Fall'' is not the end for you, guarantees your comfort and safety, and vows to stand at the side when the time comes [[spoiler:to redeem yourself and take revenge against the monetarists.]]
---> '''Haurchefant:''' Do not hesitate to call upon me, regardless of hour. My home is your home, and I would see you afforded all comforts and courtesies. Rest and regain your strength, . [[spoiler:You shall have your redemption and your reckoning in due time]]--and when that day comes, I shall stand at your side.
* Also from patch 2.55, is a "Level 22 Postmoogle" quest, involving Wymond, an Ul'dahn information broker, that the player deals with from time to time, is mistakenly given a ransom note meant to be given to a "Raymond" due to the illegible name written on the envelope. He reveals during the quest, that he chose to hang around that spot of town, as that's where a flower girl named Myrtha used to stand before the Calamity, and he'd always buy a flower from her to remind him there's good people in the world. [[spoiler:He also reveals, that he used to part of the gang that has now taken Raymond's daughter; after the gang killed Myrthas brother, Wymond took a HeelFaceTurn and left when Myrtha vanished as well. He revealed the culprits to a certain Gentleman Detective who did solve the case and had them all of the gang locked up. After setting up an elaborate scam to draw both his former gang, and the corrupt merchant who hired them to kidnap Raymond's daughter to steal his land from him via ransom, rescue the girl and take care of the criminals [[StuffBlowingUp for good]], Raymond's wife, gives a flower, and a note as a token of thanks to Wymond. They both reveal she's Myrtha, making Wymond happy to know she's doing alright after all these years, and now happily married with a good family. Wymond then plans to use the left over money he generated from the plan to rescue Myrtha's daughter to help out the orphans of Ul'dah.]]
* The 2015 Rising Event follows up the previous event of the same name and cranks it UpToEleven, [[spoiler:You're whisked away to the 18th Floor, which dives heavy into BreakingTheFourthWall by introducing you to Yoshida (the game's director) and the rest of the developers of the game. The entire team thanks you, the player, personally for sticking by the game for over 2 years and hope you keep playing and enjoying the team's work for years to come. Yoshida then goes on to say how ''Final Fantasy XIV'' was a failure during 1.0 due to the development team getting too arrogant and that they must never forget the failures of their past in order to continue to make the game of today better and better with each passing moment. Between being thanked personally by the development team and seeing that they do not want to repeat the same mistakes they made from 1.0, it's hard to not crack a smile or shed a few tears.]]
* The Final Coil of Bahamet, clearing its third turn (AKA, the "12th Turn") gives us [[spoiler: the final moments of Louisoux with his grandchildren, that also crosses over with being a Tearjerker. Here is a man who has given up ''everything'', including his very existence, to protect Eorzea and Hydaelyn. And for that, [[FateWorseThanDeath he spent 5 years as an ascended primal being trapped in thrall to another primal]]. How does he spend his extremely limited remaining time alive before returning to the Lifestream, after being freed from being tempered and existing as the primal Phoenix? By telling Alphinaud and Alisaie one final story, the full truth of what happened in his fight against Bahamet and how he saved Eorzea, and telling both of them about how he's [[SoProudofYou proud of both of them and what they've accomplished]]. The man is about to [[DisappearsIntoLight Disappear Into Light]], and his final moments in the realm of the living is to hug his grandchildren one last time, encouraging them to keep performing great deeds and forge a legacy of their own, with a smile on his face.]]
* One side quest chain in the Dravanian Forelands has you helping out a young dragonling with various tasks, such as gathering food for himself and his mother. During each quest, the dragonling takes an interest in you since it's the first time he has seen man with his own eyes and is intrigued by the good deeds you have done for him and his kind so far. Later on, you meet the dragonling's older brother, who immediately casts doubt on you because of man's past sins and forbids his younger brother from interacting with you. The young dragonling is now heartbroken and confused because he knows his brother isn't lying, yet you are not what his brother says. You reassure him that you are who you are and he thanks you for putting his fears at ease. In the final quest in the chain, the dragonling's brother is sick and you're tasked with recreating an ancient medicine that would heal dragons. Once you give the medicine to the dragon who doubted you previously, he still acts suspicious of you, but he says he won't forget your kindness while the dragonling promises to tell his future generation about your good deeds.
** In a similar vein, one of the Vath quests has you looking for a dragon mother's son who had been out all day playing. When you do find the young dragon pup, he runs away from you several times because he likes playing games where people chase him. When you finally corner him, the dragon pup thanks you for playing with him and how you were faster than the Vath who chased him. After you report back to the mother dragon, she says how her son came back home and promptly fell asleep with a smile and she thanks you for playing with him since her son rarely ever gets to play with people that are not dragons.
* The Level 52 Bard Job Quest has the ever dutiful Sanson telling you that the very self-driven bard Guydelot has gone chasing after an Ishgardian Knight after the man's lover claimed he was a superior singer. [[spoiler: Not only was Guydelot following leads for the overarching quest you're on together, but he followed the man's patrol out into the wilderness of Falcon's Nest. Why? To deliver a birthday gift from his love, which carries a message that informs him that she's pregnant with their child!]] After saving the lives of him and his patrol, he is so overcome with joy that he pledges full support to your group's quest.
* [[spoiler: "'Tis time to wake up, your Grace. Another day begins in Thanalan, and the sun blazes bright upon the sands."]] Just the look on the big guy's face, like he can't decide whether to smile or [[ManlyTears burst into tears]].
* After the events of 2.55, Alphinaud has made the tough decision of [[spoiler:disbanding the Crystal Braves,]] only to find out that before he could even say the words [[spoiler:the remaining loyal members have decided that they were going to stick together regardless, because [[UndyingLoyalty they believed in him and his ideals so strongly]], to which Alphinaud can only respond with teary-eyed gratitude.]]
** Making this more heartwarming is [[spoiler: that one of the aforementioned loyal members is Alianne--[[ChekhovsGunman an adventurer you'd first encountered during your first set of dungeons]], and the Crystal Brave you were supposed to meet before said events in 2.55 happened. It was speculated that she was either on the run, captured, or worse [[FaceHeelTurn in on the coup]], or even worse killed like [[HeKnowsTooMuch Wil]][[SacrificialLamb red]] was. To know that a character you've known even before joining the Scions is not only okay, but still among the good guys, is heartwarming in itself.]]
* Despite all of the hardships they encounter during the Astrologian Job Quest, Jannequinard keeps inspiring Leveva onwards because it gave him a purpose in life when no one expected him to. And her father was his OnlyFriend, so he wants to see to it that his dream lives on despite the risk to himself.
* Sidurgu and Rielle's interactions with one another. Despite everyone seemingly wanting to kill her, he stands guard over her and looks after her.
* In the Brume district, there are several children having a snowball fight. Get close enough and they will aim those snowballs at you. If you have the /throw emote, you can go to a patch of snow and use the emote to [[FriendToAllChildren join in on the fun]].
* The 2015 Starlight Celebration has the Adventurers' Guild trying to revive a long-forgotten part of the story regarding how the celebration came to be. Namely, that when the Ishgardian knights set out from their barracks to find and bring orphans back to their barracks for shelter from the winter weather, they would play a [[https://youtu.be/vqmDtgz0o1c certain melody]] on their signal bells to let all know they were now seeking to help those in need. The hope being, that by bringing this part of the story back into the celebration, the bells would add an extra amount of festive cheer to the faces of the children of the realm. Cue a team up between Ishgard (who sent the original signal bells that would've been used, which were held in storage for untold years), the player getting repair materials, a famed Eorzean composer to complete the full melody, the "Saint of Nymeia" [[spoiler:(a.k.a. Godbert Manderville)]] finishing the restoration and improvement of the bells to increase it's tone and note ranges, and his Little Helpers [[note]](Julyan Manderville, and ''ALL'' of the Disciple of the Hand class guildmasters[[/note]] to help decorate, and the Adventurers' Guild sharing the news of the celebration to children all over the realm so they can hear the bells ring again.
* When players learned Yugiri's then-current English voice actress was found murdered in her own home, many players honored her memory by going adventureing with the Wind-Up Yugiri minon at their side.
* ''The Maiden's Rhapsody'' crossover event with ''Videogame/FinalFantasyXI'' is peppered with plenty of references to both ''XI'''s story and how many players experienced the game, and then tops it all off with [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0rvFaQDQE a montage featuring even more characters than XI's own final mission line Rhapsodies of Vana'diel]], which can be quite the moment for its players.
* [[spoiler:There's something about the Temple Knights [[UndyingLoyalty loyal]] to [[HeroicBastard Aymeric]] and [[LaResistance the rebellion members led by Hilda the Mongrel]], working together to rescue Ser Aymeric from the Vault and later keeping extremists from destroying a changing Ishgard, that makes more than a few players smile.]]
* Compared to the heartbreak of 2.55, the ending of Ishgard's story is the most hopeful that ''XIV'''s narrative has ever been. [[spoiler:With Nidhogg dead, the Dragonsong War finally comes to a close. With the help of the spirits of Haurchefant and Ysayle, you and Alphinaud pull the dragon's eyes out of Estinien, freeing him from the Wyrm's grasp. The follow-up sees Alphinaud all but crying in joy as Estinien heals and he and Aymeric share words. The closing narration notes that Ishgard has become almost a paradise, with the corrupt theocracy replaced by a republic made up of both nobles and commoners great strides are made almost immediately with improving the life of the less fortunate. Aymeric is heralded as a new Azure Dragoon, one that rides upon the back of dragons instead of slaying them, entirely destroying the gap between man and dragon. Even Hraesvelgr, despite losing a wing, shows hope for the future of mankind despite his lingering heartbreak and anger at Ratatoskr's death. What follows after the credits roll can best be described a playable WhereAreTheyNow as you retrace every step you took over the entirety of the 3.0 storyline, talking with all of the characters you met along the course of the main story and seeing how the war's end, new relations with dragons, and general sensation of ''hope'' among everyone involved you've left in your wake. No strings attached--[[EarnYourHappyEnding it's a happy ending for the saga of Ishgard]].]]
** To further sweeten the ending, [[spoiler:your journey of reflection ends with you giving Haurchefant's grave a silent smile, with you gaining an emote that mimics his expressive gesture.]]
* The end of the 3.2 main story shows the culmination of your battle. [[spoiler:After Vidofnir touches down, she and Aymeric share a speech about the future of existing alongside one another as man and dragon. While there are many in the crowd who are still wary, and the traitors who would rather the fight continue are present and glaring, that all changes when Aymeric reveals the fruits of their labor: a beautiful relief of Shiva and Hraesvelgr, wrapped in an loving embrace. Vidofnir is speechless; and even the leader of the remnants, who would rather die than let go of her hatred for dragons, visibly softens to tears upon seeing the sight, as if realizing what it would mean to end the war for good. While Nidhogg's arrival ultimately prevents the full dispersion of Ishgard's hatred, talking to [=NPCs=] around the town reveals that many Ishgardians were so touched by the ceremony they've redirected their hate towards dragons as a whole to just Nidhogg, especially after seeing Nidhogg sees benevolent dragons as enemies as well, and are more than happy to live in peace once he's out of the picture. Not the most positive stance, but it's certainly leagues better than the initial one held before your arrival in Ishgard.]]
** The end of 3.3 is this even greater; [[spoiler: Hraesvelgr agrees to aid you to end the Dragonsong War, Nidhogg is stopped once and for all, and Estinien is saved. With the Dragonsong War finally brought to a close, Aymeric is able to dissolve the church's power in Ishgard and turn it into a Republic ruled by the Houses instead, and officially pronounces peace with the dragons.]]
*** In the cutscene after the battle with [[spoiler: Nidogg]], the player character and Alphinaud try to save [[spoiler: Estinien by prying Nidhogg's eyes off his armor. As they struggle, two pairs of hands reach to assist, and you see they belong to the spirits of Haucherfant and Ysele. They successfully help pry the eyes off and save the dragoon from his slavery.]]
** The opening quest of Patch 3.4 has you and Aymeric finally sit down for that drink he promised you earlier, along with a dinner complete in [[spoiler: his new House of Nobles]]. It's touching to see him and the player character - who at this point have bonded in battle and have mostly been all business - finally sit down and talk just as friends. He even poignantly asks you what you want beyond your duties of saving the world, showing he cares about you more than just an ally or warrior.
*** During the dialogue options, pick the one where you offer Aymeric to go adventuring together. He will give you [[WhenHeSmiles a positively beaming smile]]. This is by far the happiest you can see him in the whole game.
* Hildibrand proves again to be touching when not funny. When Gigi confides that [[spoiler:he feels like he can't be Hildibrand's son as a mammet]], Hildibrand reassures Gigi that ''what'' he is means nothing to ''who'' he is. He strikes his gentlemanly pose and declares that if some calls Gigi a mammet, he must correct them with, "Nay, I am a ''Manderville'' mammet!" [[spoiler:Hildy's going to make an excellent father]].
* The heartbreaking saga of Edda Blackbosom finally reaches a peaceful, happy conclusion at the end of the Palace of the Dead. After a final confrontation with Edda, [[spoiler:she explodes into dark energy like most bosses...[[DyingAsYourself before reforming in a white light, just long enough for her uncorrupted self to say a few words to you before she fades away forever]], leaving behind her engagement ring.]] You later find Paiyo, who has slipped into depressive alcoholism after the events of Corpse Groom, [[spoiler:but when you show him the ring, he snaps out of it, joining you on a brief quest to find her beloved's ring. Once you do, you head to a cliff overlooking Limsa Lominsa--where their love began--and give them both a burial that leaves both of their spirits, finally, at peace. The scene ends with a wonderful view of the city...and Edda's disembodied voice from beyond thanking you for what you've done.]]
* A young Miqo'te child, Khloe Aliapoh, in Idyllshire has a friend her age who is sad that her parents are gone, but gets happy when she hears a tale told to her. The fact that the young girl wants to make her friend happy and asks for your help to make grand stories to tell is just sweet.
** Mitigated a little bit by the fact that her "Wondrous Tails" all involve you murdering things.
* The final scene in the ''Further Hildebrand Adventures'' questline features Cyr cleaning up the home in Idyllshire [[spoiler:happy to start a new life away from Ishgard and the Inquisition]]. His cheerful expression shows just how much better his life had gotten since encountering Hildebrand and the Warrior of Light. At the end of the scene, he steps outside and glances at the "family crest" Gigi drew earlier (show at the top of this page) and notices something different about it. [[spoiler:Gigi added a smile to his own likeness on the drawing, showing that he's fully moved past his existential crisis and the grief of his creator's death, happy to be a free mammet and a member of House Hildebrand.]]
* The Level 60 Goldsmithing quest, appropriately called "Two Hearts Beat As One" has you creating anniversary gifts for a roegadyn couple. What you end up producing are a pair of matching music boxes that play two different variations of the couple's favorite song. You end up surprising the couple by putting the music boxes together (Which form a heart), and when playing the two boxes together, perform a composite of both variations that blend well together, of which the wife says is a perfect metaphor for them. When you meet with the man who gave you the quest at the end, he admits that you will truly be one of the legendary masters of the craft.
* In 3.56 after [[spoiler:you return to The Rising Stones and talk to the Scions, Tataru will approach you after the chat and talk to you about the time she ambushed you previously to measure you up. Turns out she has finally made your outfit and delivers it to you, asking you to try it on. She is touched you approve of it and even remarks she has sown a charm into it that she hopes will protect you and bring you home safely. She is so determined to see you safely home, especially considering the events of Baelsar's wall..]]
* The end of the first trailer, which is already a moment of awesome, has a subtle moment of heartwarming, when compared to the ''Heavensward'' trailer. It features the trailer male Midlander Hyur again, duelling an unknown female Hyur in a sparring match, after having job changed to Monk now. Throughout the match, he can't stop smiling, a far stretch from the gloomy Midlander seen throughout most of 3.0
** Patch 3.56 reveals the Hyur to be [[spoiler: Lyse, better known as Yda. So not only does the Warrior of Light remember how to smile, but she does, too.]]
** This moment [[spoiler:happens in game shortly before the assault on Ala Mhigo, shortly after she dawns the outfit seen, which is revealed to be Yda's. The cutscene preceding it is one that really harkens on the heartstrings just how much you mean to Lyse.]]
* Shortly before the assault on [[spoiler:Doma Castle]]. You are told to check back in to rest up, but go quietly see [[spoiler: Alphinaud and Alisaie along the way, discreetly]]. When you see them, they are [[spoiler: resting, Alphinaud is haunched over a desk and Alisaie is resting her head on his shoulder. For all the teasing she gives him and determination to stand on her own merits she can outdo him on, she loves her twin brother.]]
** In the same scene rather than go to bed and rest like most insisted, Hien and Gosetsu instead invite you to sit down and hit the sake with them. While Gosetsu talks about some things worthy of their own mention Hien eventually calls out to Yugiri who's been discreetly listening in the entire time, inviting her to join the three of you. The surprise and delight out of the normally cool and level-headed shinobi is a sight to be seen.
* The Stormblood Goldsmith Questline begins with Nanamo Ul Namo donating her mother's crown to help fund a goldsmithing school, the goal being to train a new generation of smiths to help restore the Ala Mhigan economy once the Garlean occupation has been ousted. A touching gesture already, and one that the three apprentices you help train are eager to return. Tailing Nanamo one night, they discover she longs to have a personal orchestrion, but cannot find one that would fit her chambers. Using all that they'd learned, and some of her mother's crown jewels still unsold, they craft a custom miniature device for her. After everything she's gone through in the MSQ, seeing the look of unbridled child-like joy on the Sultana's face when she beholds the completed music box is absolutely ''heartmelting''.
* A side quest chain in the Gyr Abanian hub of Ala Ghiri concerns a Garlean Deserter named Baut, who was instrumental in the quick exodus of the Garlean Occupiers when the Eorzean Alliance rolled in to reclaim the town. You find him hiding in a back alley, fretting over how he'd like nothing more than to surrender and [[RewardedAsATraitorDeserves be executed as an enemy soldier]], but worries that doing so would cause tensions between the townspeople and the new occupation force to boil over into something ''very'' ugly; and so enlists you to help figure out why the town seems to hold him in such high regard. [[spoiler:Over the course of his questline, you hear from a number of people in the town how Baut kept his men on a short leash, helping to restore some semblance of normality to the town, a rarity in the generally downtrodden and desolate Gyr Abania. One woman in particular, a [[CatGirl Miqo'te]] named J'dyalani finally confronts an occupying officer, only to learn they had no intention of executing Baut, only wanting to interrogate him as part of their indexing of Imperial supplies. Baut himself however remains [[DeathSeeker determined to die]], fixated on the guilt of his past as an Imperial Soldier, and how the family he enlisted to help [[DespairEventHorizon died from a plague shortly after he became an officer]], leaving him feeling he has nothing to live for even if the Alliance has no plans to off him. After saving him from being mauled by a tiger, J'dyalani finally talks him down with declarations of how much the town has come to care about him... [[LoveRedeems herself in particular]].]]
* While the Dotharls' belief in reincarnation leads them to be a clan of BloodKnight, it also gives them a soft side, as exemplified in a minor quest where a man believes himself to be the reincarnation of an Uyagir who gave his life to save a Dotharl. The quest has you retrieve fresh milk for the birthday of an Uyagir's woman... who is the mother of the man the Dotharl was in his past life. The woman notes that the Dotharl is as caring toward her as he is with his own mother and, even though she doesn't share his beliefs, she still plays along because she finds it endearing and genuinely appreciates the care.
** Another heartwarming moment related to the Dotharl: the Oronir chain quest has you help a cook, Esugen, who is amazing at his trade, but a poor fighter thanks to his frail constitution. The Dotharl chain quest has you help a warrior, Mauci, who is unsure whether or not he really is the reincarnation of a mighty Dotharl fighter (he is, he was just using the wrong weapon). The common chain quest has Mauci looking for a way to increase his strength so he can protect his tribe. The good thing is: he has heard of an amazing cook whose dishes are the very best of the steppe, but he has no idea who he is. You do. The cook is Esugen and, even though the Oronir and Dotharl are at feud, Esugen is more than happy to cook for Mauci, who in turn shows genuine appreciation for Esugen's trade and sympathizes with his feeling of weakness, having been a poor fighter until he found where his talent was. The quest ends with Mauci offering to help Esugen train in return for more dishes, and a strong if OddFriendship blossoming between the two.
* During the credits for ''Stormblood'', the final image displayed of the memories of the story has [[spoiler:the spirits of Papalymo and Yda, looking proud and happy, as though their souls can rest knowing Lyse has become a leader of her own accord, rather trying to live in their shadow.]]
* The end of the Dark Knight job quests, despite their dark, sad, and traumatic experiences, ends on a sweet note, punctuated by the notes in your journal [[spoiler:written by Fray.]]
--->[[spoiler:... So it goes. If you would not forsake me, then of course you would not forsake him. And so... neither can I. He is a fool, but he is our little fool. The little girl/boy who wanted to make this cruel, twisted world a better place, futile as that is. S/he's going to get us killed one of these days... but what can I say? I love her/him. I forgive her/him. And you...]]
* Naoki Yoshida, the director of the game, was given a big surprise on his birthday in 2017. [[https://nf.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6apkn9/yoship_community_project_update_he_got_it/ Players from all over the world and the internet compiled a big book containing screenshots, artwork, and happy birthday wishes and sent them to Yoshida.]] He was very moved by the gesture.
** Perhaps in response, the 2017 Rising event culminates in the Warrior of Light [[spoiler: being teleported to another dimension, where they are greeted by Yoshida himself, thanking the Warrior, and by extension, the players, for protecting Eorzea again and again for the past four years, and hoping that they continue to do so for many years to come.]]
* When Japan suffered a big earthquake in 2016, the developers stalled the automatic demolition on housing for everyone so that they can spend time recovering from the quake without worrying about losing their house in game. One year later, hurricanes Irma and Harvey destroyed Texas, Florida, the Florida Keys, the Caribbean, and other islands in the southern U.S. Yoshida personally announced his and the team's prayers were made for the people affected by the storms and they would also suspend housing auto demolition for a few weeks.