* In the first game, [[spoiler:even though it's a huge [[TearJerker tearjerker]] for Miku,]] Mafuyu's decision [[spoiler:stay with Kirie as she guards the Hellgate for all eternity and keep her from falling to despair and loneliness,]] was oddly touching. Especially so when you see [[spoiler:Kirie's]] reaction and compare it to the good face she was trying to put on just a few moments earlier [[spoiler:when she told them to save themselves and leave the gate to her]].
* "Miku...thank you. For everything."
* [[spoiler:Fatal Frame II's Xbox exclusive Good Ending.]]
* In the photograph ending of the third game, Rei can be seen hugging [[spoiler:a newly awakened Miku]].
* Ruka [[spoiler:finally remembers her father's face for the first time in ten years when she sees his smiling ghost]] at the end of Fatal Frame 4.
* ''Deep Crimson Butterfly's'' Shadow Festival ending, [[BittersweetEnding bittersweet]] as it may be. [[spoiler: Death is ''nothing'' to Mio and Mayu if it means they can be together.]]
** "[[CallBack This time, we fall]] [[YouAreNotAlone together]]." AWW.
* The fifth game is full of unexpectedly heartwarming moments.
** Yuuri's relationship with Hisoka and how they met: [[spoiler: Hisoka stopped Yuuri from committing suicide just in time, hugging her and taking her back to her shop, giving her a cup of coffee. This gets a sweet parallel when Yuuri saves Hisoka from becoming a sacrificial pillar; she gives Hisoka a cup of coffee when she brings her back to the shop.]] Hisoka is a bit like Yuuri's surrogate mother.
** Ren and his assistant Rui have a good relationship already, though Rui is sometimes annoyed by Ren's behavior, but Ren seems to form a new appreciation for her over the course of the game, [[spoiler: between seeing her endangered by the spiritual activity from the mountain and seeing his own ancestor lose two important women (or, well, girl in one case) in his life.]] This culminates in the post-credits scene, where Ren looks after Rui while she sleeps, telling her she needs her rest. [[ShipTease Aw.]]
** Miu's whole subplot is to do with trying to reunite with her long lost mother, and if you get her good ending, her story ends with her and her mother [[spoiler: Miku]] peacefully sleeping side by side.
** And finally, this is the first game in the series where the biggest designated WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds of the game actually gets the sympathetic hug she deserves.