[[folder: [[Comic Book/Fantastic Four The Marvel Comic ]]
* From Johnny Storm's death
** After the death of the Human Torch, Spider-Man spots a depressed Franklin Richards sitting alone on the roof of the Baxter Building, before swinging over to talk to the boy & taking him to get hot dogs whilst telling him about his own Uncle who died.
** Spider-Man's reaction when he finds Johnny, alive in the Negative Zone.
*** The rest of the team's reactions when Johnny announces his return in a way only he would - by lighting up the sky above New York with a flaming 4. Reed's astonished, Sue's crying tears of joy, and Ben finally fights past the DespairEventHorizon he had been approaching since Johnny's death in the first place.
** Hulk and Thor allowing Ben to work his frustrations out on them after Johnny's death. Especially with Hulk when one considers all the fights and confrontations these two have had over the years.
** Victor Von Doom turning up at Johnny's funeral. He doesn't bother the Richards family, he just turns up & pays his respects before leaving.
* The end of one Christmas issue (#361, ''Miracle on Yancy Street'') sees Ben return home after being humiliated by the Yancy Street Gang, angrily ranting about what he'd like to do to them. He's immediately welcomed by the others, Reed offers him eggnog, Franklin hugs him, and Sue and Alicia both kiss him under the mistletoe. Though he does protest that "Yer all spoilin' a perfectly good bad mood," he's smiling and wishing everyone a merry Christmas by the next panel.
* The now-famous scene from the first issue of the Mark Waid/Mike Wieringo run where Reed tells Valeria about his real reason for starting the Fantastic Four: He knew it was ''his'' fault that his teammates ended up with their powers, and that they would be doomed to live lives as freaks or lab specimens... unless he turned the table and made them beloved celebrities and heroes. So that was exactly what he set out to do.
* The classic story "This Man, This Monster!" Reed is planning his first trip into the newly discovered Negative Zone and asks Ben to hold his safety line and pull him in. Unbeknowst to him, "Ben" is actually a jealous fellow scientist who plans to get rid of him. After spending some time with him, however, he begins to think Reed doesn't deserve his hatred. It climaxes when he ends up following Reed into the Zone.
** Reed, knowing that the two of them will die when they hit the atmosphere of the anti-earth, repeatedly tells "Ben" that he shouldn't have come and gives him an "ItHasBeenAnHonor" speech.
** "Ben" having thrown Reed back in the direction of the portal, spends the last few moments of his life pondering how lucky he is to have had a chance to make up for what he's done wrong and to see what friendship is like.
** Ben comes into the lab just in time to see Reed grieving with Susan over his "death".
-->'''Ben''': The jaw-breaking, egg-headed square! He does have feelings after all!
** He then gets hugged by both Reed and Susan.
** Reed describing the imposter's HeroicSacrifice by saying that "some of [Ben's] heroism reached out...and touched him."
* Franklin's giddy excitement over meeting his future self.
--> '''Kid!Franklin''': I've always wanted a [[spoiler:pet Galactus]]!
--> '''Old!Franklin''': Me too.
* The Future Foundation kids decide that their first project will be giving Ben Grimm what he's always wanted - his normal body. ''And they do it'', but with slight catch: Ben will only be normal for one week of a the year, he'll have to be the Thing for the rest of the time.
** When Ben finally takes the formula, Johnny proceeds to give Ben the best week he's had in a long time, by taking him to do all of the things he's unable to do as the Thing, culminating in driving Ben to see Alicia.
* Valeria encouraging Bentley to talk to his "dad". He responds to his dad's attempt at BreakThemByTalking speech with a GroinAttack. Afterwards, there's Val holding Bentley's hand, leading to this:
--> '''Val''': You were awesome in there.
--> '''Bentley''': Thanks... I think I love you.
--> '''Val''': I'm three years old.
--> '''Bentley''': Don't ruin this for me.
--> '''Val''': Okay.
[[folder: The film ]]
* Reed tries to kiss an invisible Susan.
--> '''Susan''': That's my nose, genius. These are my lips.
** Then she kisses him. Awww!
* The Bartender sticks up for Ben after he accidentally breaks a stool to the amusement of the other patrons.
-->"This here is Ben Grimm, the first mook from Brooklyn to go into outer space. So you pay him some ''respect.''"
* Reed reaching out to Ben after Debbie dumped him, promising to bring him back to normal. He even picks up the engagement ring that Ben, with rock hard hands and only four digits to a hand, cannot grasp.