* When Jacob first meets Newt, he mistakenly thinks Newt also wants to a bakery (since Newt, trying to keep a low profile while pursuing his escaped Niffler, answers Jacob's question of what he's doing in the bank with "Same as you"), but instead of being jerkish or mean he just shakes his hand and wishes him luck.
* Jacob reveals that he wants to open a bakery simply because he wants to make everyone happy with his food instead of making canned food that no one really likes.
* The reason why Newt is in America? [[spoiler: He found a Thunderbird chained up in Egypt and was actually on his way to Arizona to release him in his natural habitat.]]
* Newt's response to Jacob when the latter asked why Newt still kept him around? [[spoiler:Because Newt likes Jacob and thought of him as a dear friend. And before Jacob goes to be obliviated, Newt tells him that he'll remember what Jacob did.]] Adding on to this is the reason why Newt brought him along in the first place: Newt thinks American wizard laws are "backwards" on interactions with Muggles so he is trying to help him avoid being Obliviated and forgetting everything he saw.
* Queenie Goldstein. A disarmingly sweet, beautiful and good-natured flapper witch who ends up the most joyful and heartwarming part of Jacob's discovery of the wizarding world after his hopes of opening a bakery are squashed. Jacob is almost immediately at ease and accepting of Queenie's natural ability to read minds. And she knows he's not just trying to be nice or polite.
* The reason behind Tina's demotion as an Auror was her [[spoiler:[[MamaBear attacking Mary Lou Barebone for abusing Credence.]]]]
* After Henry Shaw Jr. crumpled one of the pamphlets that Credence dropped and then [[KickTheDog called the boy a "freak"]], Modesty holds his hand in comfort. He reciprocates.
* The fact that Credence and Modesty appear to look out for each other, [[spoiler:with Credence passively accepting Mary Lou Barebone's blame of the (toy?) wand and then his subsequent breakdown when his mother is about to beat Modesty.]]
* [[spoiler:Before leaving New York, Newt visits Jacob (who has now been obliviated) and gives him a case of Occamy eggshells- made of pure silver! - to use to get a loan from the bank to open up his bakery. Newt also leaves a note which states how Jacob's talent and worth are wasted at a dreary factory.]] Even more sweet? [[spoiler:His bakery is a ''huge'' success, he somehow remembers Newt's creatures as he cooks pastries looking like them... and Queenie makes a visit.]]
* The Demiguise babysitting [[spoiler:the monster Newt DIDN'T know escaped his suitcase. An Occamy who took up in the Macy's Attic.]]
* Jacob instinctively caressing a dangerous-looking creature before looking down as he first visits the magical "zoo".
* The expression on Newt's face as he watches the Thunderbird the first time we see it. He clearly [[FriendToAllLivingThings loves his creatures deeply, not just as a career but for their own sakes]]. Considering [[NotGoodWithPeople how awkward he is around people]], it's wonderful to see the bond he has with his creatures.