* The ending of ''IV''. [[spoiler:In the end, you save everyone, ''[[SaveTheVillain even Baldur]]'', and while the Medium can't just magic away the fertility problems the Empire is having and that may someday threaten Tharsis, the entire tone of the ending is "you know, if we just ''cooperate'' and pool our knowledge, we can probably find an answer". You then see the transformed, cosmopolitan, newly-multiracial Tharsis through the eyes of a new set of adventurers, and see that all your friends are okay (and are talking the player guild up), ending with "Whirlwind" (in his old getup and everything!) showing the new kids the ropes just like he did for you. All while [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmJ5gG6QdE this song]] is playing.]]
* Also in ''IV'', despite Wufan showing disdain for humans and [[spoiler: Logre/Whirlwind "betraying" you]], you can choose to forgive them by choosing the "wordlessly extend your hand" option. So moved by your kindness, they join you as a guest - and then can become permanent members of your guild later on!
* The Outlands Count looks ridiculous in his pampered getup and fluffy lapdog. However, he's [[RoyalsWhoActuallyDoSomething a very active member of Tharsis' government]], pledges the city resources to helping the Vessels and the Sentinels when informed of their plight, and when TheEmpire barges in and starts making demands, he makes it very clear Tharsis comes ahead of him. The Imperials can threaten him all they like - as far as he's concerned, he's expendable compared to the city and those under its protection.
* ''Beyond the Myth'' has the Animal Care skill available for some races; it allows the user to take care of livestock, resulting in some rather cute field events:
** In the first stratum, you can catch a chicken, who then stays at the inn and occasionally rewards your patience with eggs.
** In the second stratum, you can feed a hen with some Forest Fish to help it recover its stamina and fly off. You then see the same hen appear several more times throughout the stratum, and each time you help it out again the same way. Turns into a SugarWiki/FunnyMoment when it starts following you and you leave it at the inn...only for it to offer ''fish'' by ''spitting it out''.
* Also in ''Beyond the Myth'', you can feed a dog in the third Stratum. On a later floor, you will encounter a zombie dog that ''turns out to be the same dog from before'', mourning its deceased Master. If you spare this dog, that retains its sense of self despite being rendered undead, it will give you some of its late Master's money.
* Lili the Necromancer in ''Beyond the Myth'' is such a sweetheart, most of what you see of her character is incredibly adorable:
** From the word go, she remains a constant encouraging and helpful presence on the First Stratum, sharing advice and items with you.
** Her nice nature is such that most of the townsfolk are incredibly fond of her, and even the children love sharing their candy with her.
** Even after seeing a [[StepfordSmiler crack in her cheerful facade]] when the Undead King starts taunting her directly, you can encourage her and then stand alongside her to face the Stratum Boss down, earning not only the gratitude of Solor and herself, but that of the ''entire town'', as they were all worried for Lili's absence while you were all braving the hazards of the third stratum.
** Immediately on the next Stratum, she asks you to help her make a thank-you present to Solor for being her dear constant companion.
* Her partner Solor's journey alongside your crew is quite heartwarming too.
** The tall Harbringer starts out rather cool and frosty with your party as a temper to Lili's unrelenting niceness, but as you persevere despite her rather chilly attention, it comes out that she is actually concerned for Lili as well as your party, due to the burden and danger that the Undead King represents.
** This cumulates in her being visibly thankful that you were willing to help Lili with her personal quest, although she has trouble expressing it directly.
** Much later, when your crew reaches the Sixth Stratum, she requests your assistance directly via Mirina, as she fears that some of the power that the Undead King was abusing still lurked somewhere in the Third Stratum. She proceeds to join you as you investigate, cumulating in a big fight with the Zombie Dragon. After defeating it, she straight-up thanks your team for the assistance, an act that surprises Mirina. Lili also admits that she's never seen Solor become ''[[DefrostingIceQueen that expressive]]'' to others before.