* Despite how over the top it's played out, there's something very sweet about the mothers' and wives' concern for the men as they set out on their quest for Valhalla.
--> '''Harald''': (''in a comforting tone'') It's all fantasy, there ''is'' no edge to the world. There ''is'' no Dragon of the North Sea.
--> '''Weeping Woman''': (''crying'') That's what ''you'' say! (''Harald then gives the woman a comforting hug'')
* When Aud tries desperately to convince Erik to let the ship fly off the edge of the world.
--> '''Aud''': Do you believe I love you? You don't have to love me, but do you believe I love ''you''?
--> '''Erik''': ...Yes, I do!
--> '''Aud''': Then ''let go!''
* Sven finding [[spoiler: his grandfather in Valhalla near the end of the film. Also, Sven's Dad recognized him even though he was disfigured from the injuries he kept when he died.]]
* While Erik and the crew are being cast out of Valhalla and cast into Hel. Watching the crewmates who were killed, like [[spoiler: [[TheCynic Snorri]] and [[GrumpyBear Thorfinn]]]] attempt to save them was very touching.
--> '''[[spoiler:Snorri]]''': (''grabs hold of Erik'') Erik!
--> '''Erik''': Ugh, let go [[spoiler:Snorri]]!
--> '''[[spoiler:Snorri]]''': I've got you!
* After Ivar dies begging and panicking in the ship battle, Harald the Missionary sneaks a sword into his hand before anyone else notices to save his reputation.