* Raoden and Galladon's friendship. They almost always call each other "my friend" and "sule" respectively, instead of using the other's name. More importantly, they reserve this particular way to address people just for each other. By the end of the book and everything they've been through together, there's no doubt they are [[HeterosexualLifePartners best]] [[TrueCompanions friends]].
* Karata wants to get into the palace so desparately in order to leave her little daughter a keepsake and a note explaining where she went.
* Aanden finally opens his eyes, metaphorically speaking, and realizes he's in the City of the Gods. Even the Reod couldn't completely destroy [[SceneryPorn Elantris's beauty.]] He starts using his real name again, Taan (a well-known sculptor before the Shaod took him).
-->'''Taan:''' ''(awed wisper)'' Merciful Domi, it's beautiful.
* The blossoming romance between Sarene and the man she only knows as "Spirit". While Raoden is shown falling quickly head over heels for her, she's ''far'' more reserved, fearing he's manipulating her. That doensn't change her feelings:
-->''There, in the center of the cursed city, was finally a person who seemed willing to accept her.''
* In a way, Hrathen's [[spoiler: last thoughts]] are this, crossed with a bit of TearJerker:
-->[[spoiler: As the darkness closed in]], Hrathen discarded all questions. Instead his view and consciousness was filled with Sarene’s worried face. The woman who had destroyed him. Because of her, he had finally [[spoiler: [[HeelFaceTurn rejected]] [[HeelRealization the lies he had believed all of his life]].]]\\
She would never know that [[LoveEpiphany he had come to love her]].\\
[[spoiler:''Goodbye, my princess'', he thought. ''Jaddeth, be merciful to my soul. I only did the best I could.'']]