* Doubles as a Tearjerker, but this exchange:
--> '''Kim''': Hold me.
--> '''Edward''': I can't...
* One guest at Peg's barbeque telling Edward not to let people treat him like an invalid.
* Edward lovingly dusting off the lawn chair for Peg when he prepares to cut her hair- she's the closest thing to a mother he's ever had, and that little moment shows how much he cares for her.
** The loving smile she gives him before he cuts her hair gets me every time.
* Edward's MadScientist father reading to him in a flashback.
** Vincent Price's performance in general. It was his last role, and the effects of his age were clearly creeping up on him, but nevertheless, he very obviously gave it his all.
* Edward making it snow, and Kim dancing in it.
* Probably not noticeable at first since it happens in the beginning of the movie but Peg letting Edward live with her family even though she barely knows him but sees that he is kind and harmless.
* Edward risking hurting Kevin to keep Jim from (accidentally) running him over while driving drunk. [[NotWhatItLooksLike Sure it put him]] [[HeroWithBadPublicity in more hot water with the townspeople,]] but he didn't care at the moment. He even asked Kim if Kevin was alright.
--> '''Edward:''' Did I hurt Kevin?
--> '''Kim:''' No, he's okay. He said he was just scared.