* E.T. mimicking Elliott's behavior when they formally meet in Elliott's room. It shows that E.T. is harmless and curious.
** Also Elliott's reactions throughout that scene, as he grows to care for and trust E.T. for the first time.
* E.T. healing Elliott's wound.
* Elliott and Michael reminiscing about their father in the garbage.
* The long hug E.T. gives Elliott when they're saying goodbye at the end.
* I always thought the scene where E.T. is listening to Mary reading Gertie a bedtime story was cute.
* The ''entirety'' of E.T.'s revival scene.
--> '''Elliott:''' Does this mean they're coming?
--> '''E.T.:''' ''Yes.''
* "I'm glad he met you first."
* "I'll believe in you all my life. Every day. E.T... ''I love you.''"
* While Elliot reenacting TheQuietMan is a moment of funny. The girl reacts to his kiss like she is taken aback by it makes it heartwarming because it implies she likes Elliot.