* Unlike Lucious, Cookie is accepting of Jamal's homosexuality. And was quite proud of him for coming out.
* The entirety of Jamal and Hakeem's close-knit, brotherly relationship.
* Anyone's interactions with [[MoralityPet Lola,]] Jamal's daughter with his ex-wife. They all drop their usual unpleasant demeanor and act very sweet with to her.
** Heck, even when [[spoiler:it was discovered that Jamal wasn't Lola' father, but her ''older-half brother'', he doesn't act bitter or insensitive once. Not even to his ex.]]
* Even though Cookie initially reacted badly to knowing Andre has bipolar disorder, she quickly gets over it, comforts her son and tries to learn more about the said disorder.
* Despite being quite sneaky and manipulative, Rhonda ultimately loves Andre and makes sure he takes his medications.
* The reason behind Olivia leaving Lola. [[spoiler:She was trying to protect her from her abusive ex, Reggie. And she knew that Jamal was a good man and would take care of her.]]
* Rhonda revealing [[spoiler:she's pregnant to Andre. The two are later seen at an ultrasound.]]
* Cookie and Malcolm's trip together.
* Cookie taking her sister, Carol, to Empire Records.