* At the end of Book One:
** [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/quiet/ Dorothy tells Walky she needs to "watch the hell out of some cartoons."]] So Walky puts some on and that's exactly what they do, no further questions asked. He has no idea what's going on, but he's there for her.
** When Sarah lies in the bunk with Joyce to keep watch on her as she sleeps off the drug, and [[HiddenHeartOfGold confessing that she actually does care about her]]: Just... [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/sisters-2/ Daww]].
* Amazi-Girl and Danny. [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2012/comic/book-2/03-the-first-step-towards-recovery/deletedelete/ Mario Kart.]]
* Why doesn't Walky want to date Billie? [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-2/01-pajama-jeans/gross/ She's too much of a sister to him.]]
* The last page of Book Two is also [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2012/comic/book-2/06-strange-beerfellows/nightmare-2/ pretty heartwarming.]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2013/comic/book-3/04-just-hangin-out-with-my-family/dynamic/ Danny talking about why he likes Amber.]] Even if he is just trying to help cover for her.
* Danny finds out about Amber's SecretIdentity- and her [[AbusiveParents asshole father]]- [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/01-the-only-dope-for-me-is-you/investigate/ and doesn't bat an eye.]]
-->'''Amber:''' You're ''still'' helping me? I kinda lied to you.
-->'''Danny:''' You're still Amazi-Girl. ''You'' take care of the bad guys and ''I'' take care of you when you're done. [[YouAreNotAlone Same as always.]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/01-the-only-dope-for-me-is-you/sympathy-2/ Sympathy via light physical contact:]] especially heart-warming in context since it comes soon after back to back Tear-Jerkers.
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/02-i-was-a-teenage-churchmouse/mysterious/ This page in its entirety.]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/04-the-whiteboard-dong-bandit/hurt/ This strip. (Warning: Semi-NSFW)]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/04-the-whiteboard-dong-bandit/asking/ Ruth and Billie's one sided pillow talk]]
-->'''Ruth:''' I forgive you for lying to me, by the way... not because I especially want to -- I'm still angry -- but I feel like forgiveness is something you desperately need right now. And maybe that's the one thing we've always had in common. *Kisses Billie*
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-5/01-when-somebody-loved-me/terrible-2/ So you're just going to have to guess.]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-5/01-when-somebody-loved-me/better-3/ Guys, she's in love.]]
** "I'm not 'in love,' I'm ''not''." [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-5/01-when-somebody-loved-me/inlove/ Sure you aren't.]]
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-5/01-when-somebody-loved-me/pit/ Joyce accepting her friend for who she is, even when doing so is against everything she was taught and believed.]]
-->'''Becky''': Is that still really what you believe, that what I did was a mistake?
-->'''Joyce''': H-How could I? Becky, you're my best friend. Pit you against anything else in my life, you will win every time.
** For additional perspective, earlier in that same storyline [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-5/01-when-somebody-loved-me/dvr/ Joyce was approached by the even more extreme fundamentalist Mary]] on whether or not lesbian acts were a sin. Joyce said yes. As an added bonus, Becky was present when she said that. In that moment, both from Becky's and our own perspective, she had a complete 180 on the matter because Becky meant that much to her. Warm fuzzies all around.
** Joyce has really come a long way:
-->'''Joyce''': [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-5/02-threes-a-crowd/sample/ It's going to be full of partly naked ladies, so, uh, feel free to do some window shopping, I guess.]]
* Ethan [[spoiler: [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-5/02-threes-a-crowd/used/ moving to help the clearly terrified Joyce get back home, literally minutes after she ended their "relationship."]]]]
** Joyce giving back his kindness by trying to help him accept what he is, even offering to accompany him to a "Coming Out" support group.
* When Becky finds out about what happened to Joyce at the party, she apologizes for kissing her out of nowhere. But Joyce reassures her that while she's not receptive to any more makeout attempts, [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-5/03-the-butterflies-fly-away/bubbling/ she's never felt unsafe around Becky.]]
-->'''Joyce:''' But hugs are fine.
-->'''Becky:''' Hugs are still fine?
-->'''Joyce:''' They will ''always'' be fine. I refuse to let ''that'' be a casualty of ''anything.''
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-5/03-the-butterflies-fly-away/safe-2/ Becky has been trying to make Dina feel comfortable.]]
* Everything so far of the Becky/Dina relationship is adorable and funny. But one of the comments of the [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-5/04-walking-with-dina/kiss-2/ latest strip]] is in its self a CMOH;
-->'''Commenter:''' Normally I’d make a comment praising how cute the couple are together and maybe even sqee-ing to make a point, but here, I want to thank you. You’ve captured one of life’s joys. You’ve not only put on display (perhaps better than you ever have before), not only the joy of being with someone you care about, but the sheer giddiness felt from the first kiss with someone you love. And here’s the kicker, it feels simple. There’s no alcoholic suicide pact, or “just for fun boyfriend”, or even alter egos here, and while i think those are great writing that give more depth to the characters, they niggle in the back of my mind whenever I see the relationship. Here though, you’ve created a scene so real that it made me forget about Toenail Dad or the fact that Becky shouldn’t even be at the university. You’ve created the most human moment I’ve seen in any comic strip, and I want to thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.
* While [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-6/01-to-those-whod-ground-me/appraisal/ Becky and Dina smooching. ]] is adorable on it's own, what brings it here is Joyce's reaction: Just two days ago, while accepting of Becky's sexuality, Joyce could barely deal with it. Now, while she turns away to give them privacy, she smiles at her best friend and her girlfriend making out in front of her, just happy that Becky is happy.
** The strip right after: Amber brings up that Dina's parents might not be so accepting of her sexuality.. reminding Dina [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-6/01-to-those-whod-ground-me/credited/ to tell them in the first place she has a girlfriend.]] Their response is to give Dina 200 dollars to take Becky someplace nice.
* After Becky is saved, Dina takes a moment to [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2015/comic/book-6/01-to-those-whod-ground-me/fourwords thank Amber]].
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/roadtrip/ Hank Brown's reaction to seeing Becky again.]] [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/humility/ All of it.]] It's not perfect, and there will probably still be issues that come up, but considering the nightmare that Becky's actual father turned out to be, it is so good to see that at least one member of Becky's second family still cares about her.
** Furthermore, Hank [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/occasionally/ voices]] his own displeasure with Ross, admitting to Joyce that he only spent time with him because of Becky and Bonnie, and was still sorely tempted to hit Ross over some of the stuff he said - to the point of [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/sprained/ admitting that he fully approved of Joyce knocking him out]].
--->'''Joyce''': Yeah, well, [Ross] was an ''[[PrecisionFStrike asshole]]''.\\
'''Hank''': Heh, ''damn right'' he was.
* Meta example. Willis understands perfectly well how sensitive a topic [[spoiler: suicide]] is so in the strip that reveals [[spoiler: that Becky's mother died this way,]] he puts up a very long warning above the strip itself advising people triggered by this to skip it.Commentators are quite pleased with him making this pre-caution.
* [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/04-it-all-returns/quarters/ Joyce's father is proving quite reliable for these]] when it comes to [[DaddysGirl his daughter]], as this particular strip is basically an extended SoProudOfYou statement.
-->'''Hank''': ...it took me a while, after you'd taken your mother and me to task at the fountain, to realize. ''You'' were ''me''. That ''was'' me, doing what I thought was right, ''[[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight no quarters given]]''.
* The InUniverse outpouring of support that Becky's been getting - not just from Joyce, but even Joe, Billie, and Sal are committed to trying to help her out.
** Even outside Joyce's immediate circle of friends, we see other girls on the floor such as Agatha and Mandy [[http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/steplightly/ working together to keep Becky from being discovered by Ruth.]]