* [[MaternallyChallenged Quain'tana]] to Ariel: "You make me proud."
* [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=6989 Waes'soloth and Naal'suul's]] conversation, especially Waes' last line. Has an extra punch to it since [[spoiler:it's the last time they speak to each other before Naal's death]].
* [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?order=chapters&id=1675 Chrys'tel and Shinae taking steps to reconcile.]]
** Later, [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9537 we find out just why they didn't become the next Vy'Chriel and Yaeminira]].
* Nega'fanae forgiving Balsii for a second time to avert more bloodshed.
* Belph'aegor promptly [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9387 disproves the Judicator]] by helping free his friends who have been targeted for ThePurge.
* In Chapter 43, Faen - [[ShrinkingViolet shy]], meek little Faen - gives a nervous Ariel a magificent confidence boost [[spoiler:in the form of a BigDamnKiss]].
** The next chapter one-ups this. Faen, without saying a word, [[spoiler: [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9637 effectively]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9640 declares]] "To Hel with Quain'tana and her objections!" and more or less single-handedly [[RelationshipUpgrade upgrades]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9643 her relationship with Ariel to a full-blown]] TheyDo.]]
* Chirinide, despite [[LethalChef having absolutely]] ''[[LethalChef no]]'' [[LethalChef idea how to cook]], attempts to roast a bird for Shan'naal because he rarely gets to eat meat, and she wanted "to cook something good for [him]."
** When Chiri's complete and utter failure of a roasted bird comes out of the oven, Kau offers to help her salvage it.