* [[MaternallyChallenged Quain'tana]] to Ariel: "You make me proud."
* [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=6989 Waes'soloth and Naal'suul's]] conversation, especially Waes' last line. Has an extra punch to it since [[spoiler:it's the last time they speak to each other before Naal's death]].
* [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?order=chapters&id=1675 Chrys'tel and Shinae taking steps to reconcile.]]
** Later, [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9537 we find out just why they didn't become the next Vy'Chriel and Yaeminira]].
* Nega'fanae forgiving Balsii for a second time to avert more bloodshed.
* Belph'aegor promptly [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9387 disproves the Judicator]] by helping free his friends who have been targeted for ThePurge.
* In Chapter 43, Faen - [[ShrinkingViolet shy]], meek little Faen - gives a nervous Ariel a magificent confidence boost [[spoiler:in the form of a BigDamnKiss]].
** The next chapter one-ups this. Faen, without saying a word, [[spoiler: [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9637 effectively]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9640 declares]] "To Hel with Quain'tana and her objections!" and more or less single-handedly [[RelationshipUpgrade upgrades]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9643 her relationship with Ariel to a full-blown]] TheyDo.]]
* Chirinide, despite [[LethalChef having absolutely]] ''[[LethalChef no]]'' [[LethalChef idea how to cook]], attempts to roast a bird for Shan'naal because he rarely gets to eat meat, and she wanted "to cook something good for [him]."
** When Chiri's complete and utter failure of a roasted bird comes out of the oven, Kau offers to help her salvage it.
* [[spoiler:Zhor]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10212 lands himself]] the spot of possibly the best father in the series, if not overall parent.
* [[spoiler:As they leave Felde,]] Ariel apologizes to Faen, ostensibly for leaving her coat behind but probably for gambling their lives by going to Felde as well. Faen, who has every right to be pissed at her leader for taking such such a needless risk, quickly assures her that everything is all right, and that she doesn't hold it against her.
** Also on that page, Nau finally reciprocates Kiel's feelings for him, after giving her the cold shoulder for years. [[http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18473 According to the author,]] this is mainly due to Kiel's refusal to abandon her friends, no matter how tainted or flawed they are. As Nau is [[spoiler:all too aware that his days are numbered due to his faulty seed]], this means a great deal to him.
* Shala is [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10310 proudly smiling up at Sarnel]] (bottom left of the last panel) when he pulls his BigDamnHeroes. Becomes bittersweet since [[spoiler:this is one of the last things we see Shala doing before she dies]].
* In a culture where a single Drow can go through dozens of partners through the course of their lives, Zala'ess and Sabrror's bond is unique. They have remained together for far longer than is considered the norm in Drow society, and show no signs of drifting apart. Considering the huge political advantage in bearing as many children from as many powerful clans as possible, refusing to accept another male isn't just inconvenient for Zala, but potentially risky as well. Yet even as Sabrror's demonic seed continues to eat away at his soul and personality, Zala remains adamant in keeping him as her consort.
** This reaches a head in chapter [[spoiler: 47]]. Not even [[spoiler: being possessed by a nigh-godlike Karla]] will stop Sabrror from defending the woman he loves, even if he needs to sacrifice [[spoiler: his soul]] to do it.
* In chapter 47, Nau [[spoiler: selflessly risks his life to rescue Kiel from the Vloz fortress as it tumbles into the abyss]]. No one would have though any less of him had he simply cut and run (even Kiel was yelling for him to leave her), yet he very nearly killed himself carrying her out.
* At the end of Chapter 49, [[spoiler:Minka, who had seen his tower fall, his friends and family die (again) and nearly be burned at the stake]] has [[spoiler:Valla'drielle, the one responsible]] at his mercy, but remembers the words of [[spoiler:the new Holy Mother Anahid]] and stops. It just goes to show how strong [[spoiler:Anahid]] really is that her words alone prevented more bloodshed.