* The end, when John finally meets up with Al Powell, who stood by his side when the FBI and everyone didn't and defended him, despite never meeting face to face before. They didn't even say their names or had any introductions. They simply looked at each other in the eye and knew automatically who the other was.
* The BigDamnKiss after John saves Holly.
* Even though he's utterly psychotic, and gets steadily more obsessed with killing [=McClane=] throughout the movie, the reason Karl wins a close second in TheDeterminator contest is because he wants to avenge his brother's murder.
* At the end of [[Film/DieHard2 DieHarder]], Captain Lorenzo tears up the parking ticket his brother Vito wrote for John. After being a Jerkass to [=McClane=] during the whole movie, it was a nice gesture.
* There is something oddly endearing about Gruber's company celebrating their ill gotten gold. When one of the soldiers happily raises his beer "to our money", another solemly raises his "To Our Fallen Comrades", to which EVERY soldier present silently and sadly did. EvenEvilHasLovedOnes, after all.
** In the same vein, the two Mooks masquerading as NYPD officers make sure one of their bombs is kept away from the public, once its served its purpose. One of them even echoes Zeus' "Some kid could..." line from earlier in the movie. They're murderous, ruthless bastards for sure, but like Simon himself says, they're not "monsters".
* [=McClane=] calls Warlock through the ham radio and asks him to put him in contact with FBI sub-director Bowman, to which Warlock answers he is not going to do it, because it means risking getting caught by the FBI. When [=McClane=] says Gabriel has taken Lucy, Warlock puts him in touch without a problem.
* [=McClane=] and Farrell discuss his case of SamaritanSyndrome, which turns into this:
-->'''John [=McClane=]:''' You know what you get for being a hero? Nothin'. You get shot at. [[DudeWheresMyRespect You get a little pat on the back, blah, blah, blah, attaboy]]. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Your kids don't want to talk to you. You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. [[BeingGoodSucks Trust me, kid, nobody wants to be that guy.]]
-->'''Matt Farrell:''' Then why you doing this?
-->'''John [=McClane=]:''' [[ComesGreatResponsibility Because there's nobody else to do it right now]], that's why. Believe me, if there were somebody else to do it, I'd let them do it, but there's not. So we're doing it.
-->'''Matt Farrell:''' Ah. That's what makes you that guy.
* The ending - [[spoiler:Jack has come on good terms with John, accepting his name as a [=McClane=], and after they avoid getting killed by Irina, Jack finally refers to John as "Dad" (not counting the first time in the film where they see each other) before John responds to him. They end up rejoining Lucy in the States as a family.]]