* One of the Harlequin's quotes is quite sweet when the tone is taken into account:
--> '''Harlequin:''' Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side.
* When [[spoiler: Gabriel Angelos]] goes down during the final mission of ''Retribution's'' Space Marine campaign, Captain Diomedes tearfully praises him as the 'best of us' and swears that he will avenge him. [[spoiler: Keep in mind, in the beginning of the game he derisively called him a traitor.]]
-->''"[[spoiler: Gabriel...]] you were always the best of us. And I '''will''' see you avenged."''
** Adding to this, at the end of the Space Marine campaign, when [[spoiler: Gabriel is made Chapter Master]], Diomedes says that the new rank is fitting and that none shall find him wanting. [[spoiler: Again, this is a man he regarded as a traitor at the start of the game.]]
* When playing as the Imperial Guard, Inquisitor Adrastia gets notably distressed at the same moment, and vows to inflict a FateWorseThanDeath on Kyras for it. It's established that she's an old friend of [[spoiler: Angelos]], but here's the main time you actually see it.
* The Eldar ending of ''Retribution'' and the reason for Ronahn's quest. Autarch Kayleth says "we should all be so fortunate to have such loyal kin". Veldoran replies "[[TrueCompanions I believe we already do]]".
* Tarkus defending the Imperial Guard at Angel Forge after Avitus repeatedly insults them.
* Captain Thule staying behind to [[DueToTheDead defend the body of Endymion]], his former second-in-command, from an Eldar war host in the second mission of ''Chaos Rising''.
* In the Space Marine campaign of ''Retribution'', Diomedes suffers a HeroicBSOD after [[spoiler:Azariah Kyras reveals himself as a heretic and tricks them into causing the Exterminatus of Typhon]]. The Ancient, who up until this point has not said a word, speaks up and ''removes his helmet'', revealing himself as [[spoiler:Sergeant Tarkus]]. He vows to slay [[spoiler:Kyras]] no matter what and reaffirms to Diomedes that their duty remains, and no-one but the Emperor can relieve them of that. His speech snaps Diomedes out of it. Doubles as a CrowningMomentOfAwesome.