* The second-to-last scene in ''CyranoDeBergerac''. This troper can't even read it without tears; he loved her so much.
* "No, my dear love, I never loved you." ''Buckets''. Especially the Kevin Kline production.
* The balcony scene -- the moment Cyrano has been waiting for but never thought he could have, where he can tell Roxanne how much he loves her, under the blissful cover of darkness where his perceived ugliness doesn't matter.
* Cyrano's last [[strike:lie]] words to Christian: "[[LetThemDieHappy I have told her. She chose you.]]"
* When the dying Cyrano tells one of the nuns in Roxane's convent that he finally gives her permission to pray for him tonight, she responds that she never waited for his permission.
* When Cyrano insults Le Bret for making friends, Le Bret, rather than being offended, realizes that Cyrano is upset because Roxanne does not reciprocate his love.
-->'''Le Bret''': Tell this to all the world -- And then to me say very softly that...She loves you not.