* Lelouch and Mao's friendship in this series. The fact that Mao received a terrible fate in the original series and the only person he considered a friend was C.C., who abandoned him, didn't hurt.
--> Lelouch: Oh, enough of this idle chit-chat, what's your stake in this Mao? Why are you here?
--> Mao: Ah, its a really weird story man, I don't even think you would believe it. But put it very, very simply, that green-haired girl you're always with, I think she's a psycho.
--> Lelouch: Mao, will you be my best friend?
--> Mao: Huh?
--> Lelouch: We have so much in common.
--> Mao: You know its funny, I thought today was going to suck, but turns out I'm going to find the girl I've been looking for forever, and I got a new best friend.
** Their conversation also counts as a [[CrowningMomentOfFunny Crowning Moment Of Funny:]]
--> Lelouch: *looks up and stares out the window*
--> (Cut to an unstable Shirley pointing a gun at both of them)
--> Mao: [[PrecisionFStrike OH JUST FUCKING BALLS!]]
** Turns out Mao wasn't lying either, when Lelouch gets shot Mao really is concerned for his safety:
--> Mao: Lelouch buddy, you okay?
--> Lelouch: I feel like sunshine right now.
* The fact that Lelouch did actually come to help C.C. in the end and even called in Ex-LAPD officers.
** At the beginning of the episode, Lelouch is trying to talk C.C. out of her DeathSeeker mode, which is nice of him. Even if he's comically terrible at it.
* 14.5 is great in that it's both casts of the abridged series having a crazy night together as friends. The plot is more of a side act compared to everything else that's going on.
* Lelouch breaking C.C. away from Suzaku to stop her [[CoolAndUnusualPunishment showing him old Madonna music videos]].
--> Lelouch: [[NoIndoorVoice STOP IT, YOU'RE KILLING HIM!]]
* It's rather sweet that the first thing Lelouch says after he shoots himself (which is hilarious) is the last thing his mother said before she died: "that smarts".
* The completely legitimate concern Lelouch displays when Nunally appears to be in danger from a bomb.