* Joey, Madge and the Robin having their first Tyrolean Christmas with Frieda and her family.
* From ''The Chalet School In Exile'', when Joey comes round and discovers that Hilary and the Robin are safe:
--> Madge would have tried to console her; but Jack Maynard gave her a shock. Holding Joey very tightly to him, he said in tones there was no mistaking, “Never mind, my darling. It’s all over, and Robin is safe. . .”
--> And before the stunned Madge could gasp out any ejaculation, Joey sobbed, “Oh, Jack – what a – solid lump – of comfort you – are!”
** From the same book, [[spoiler:Gertrud Becker's]] HeelFaceTurn, and Jack bringing Joey into the school, saying he has a surprise for her. It's [[BigFriendlyDog Rufus]]. And who brought him over to Guernsey? [[spoiler:Frieda Mensch, Bruno von Ahlen and Friedel von Gluck.]] Two of whom managed to escape from a concentration camp, thanks to a girl involved with the Peace League.
* Every Chalet School Christmas play, ever. ''Especially'' the one in ''Highland Twins'', [[spoiler:when an injured Jack turns up after being feared dead.]]
* Jacynth Hardy and Gay Lambert's friendship in ''Gay from China'', especially when Jacynth realises after her auntie's death that [[YouAreNotAlone she is not alone after all and will have a home with the Lamberts.]]
* Grizel Cochrane ''finally'' getting her happy ending with Neil Sheppard in ''The Chalet School Reunion''. After everything she's been through, it's a relief to see something good happening to her at last.