* Lightning and Mater are talking about helicopter rides and this little piece of dialogue emerges:
-->'''Mater:''' I knew it! I knew I'd done made a good choice!\\
'''[=McQueen=]:''' In what?\\
'''Mater:''' In my best friend...
* Lightning being appreciative of Mack initially stepping in to be a one-man pit crew for the big race.
* When all of the cars from Radiator Springs show up to be [=McQueen's=] pit crew and cheer him on at the big race.
-->'''Doc:''' Alright. If you can drive as well as you can fix a road, then you can win this race with your eyes shut. Now get back out there!
* After [[spoiler:the King's crash, when Lightning gave up the Piston Cup to instead make sure he'd finish his last race...]]
-->'''King:''' You just [[spoiler:[[HonorBeforeReason gave up the Piston Cup]]]], you know that?
-->'''[=McQueen=]:''' Ah, it's like this grumpy old car once told me, [[spoiler: [[MeaningfulEcho it's just an empty cup.]]]]
** And after the race is over, the King's wife kisses Lightning on the cheek (or fender?) and thanks him for his selflessness. Owen Wilson's gentle delivery of Lightning's "You're welcome" just sells it; [[CharacterDevelopment it's a tone that the Lightning from the beginning of the film would have been alien to.]]
* When Lightning has finished the road and decides to have a shopping spree before leaving.
* Right before he leaves Radiator Springs, Sally thanks [=McQueen=] for everything he did. He responds, "It was just a road," and she answers back, "No, it was much more than that." It contains a double meaning. [=McQueen=] didn't just fix the road, he helped fix the whole town back up and gave everyone a newfound sense of pride for their town. But also, for many people--in both the movie AND real life--Route 66 was much more than just a road. For many, it was a way of life and a thing of wonder, something that ought to never be forgotten.
* After helping the King, Lightning turns down a big-time offer from the King's sponsor. Then after a pause, he says "Actually, there is ONE thing you could do." Cut to Mater riding in a helicopter, having the time of his life, because he's always wanted a copter ride.
* With Doc as [=McQueen's=] new crew chief, you see the rival pit crews look up at him in pure awe, and the camera crew have a mini freakout when they realize it's the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. Soon after the announcement is made, a few fans a heard realizing it and soon you see the crowd shift and realize the ''entire stadium'' is cheering for him. The industry may have moved on, but the ''fans'' never forgot him.