* Sitka giving Kenai advice about following his totem.
* Koda's optimism and pure enthusiasm in "On My Way". The boy loves his adventures.
* Koda offering Kenai his sincere condolences about the death of his brother.
* The progression of Kenai's friendship with Koda. Despite their early clash of attitudes and Kenai's surliness, Kenai and Koda actually aren't that different in terms of teasing, fun-loving personalities (which becomes especially clear in the sequel). As Kenai's prejudice towards bears ebbs away and he makes peace with his brother's death, he admits to himself that Koda is a good kid and the two begin to become friends. After a while, Kenai starts to entertain the idea of being a sibling figure to the cub and increasingly prioritizes Koda's needs over his own, which comes to a head in the last act, [[spoiler: when he comes clean about his act of bear murder, so Koda can know the truth about his mother, and chooses to remain a bear for the rest of his life, so he can look after Koda]].
** It's just as heartwarming on Koda's end. "No Way Out" could easily and understandably severed their friendship for good, but after some grief, it ultimately survives beyond that: Koda, with full knowledge now, decides he would still like to keep Kenai as a friend, faults and all. Koda's own faults as a person start to emerge in the sequel, and they work past that as well.
* Kenai and Koda have arrived at the Salmon Run, where there are LOTS of bears. Now up until this point, Kenai had seen these animals as monsters (considering that he thought a bear--[[spoiler:Koda's mom]]--killed [[CoolBigBro Sitka]]), but at the Salmon Run, he sees that they're like people: having fun and uniting as a family. This is what fully makes him see that bears aren't bad at all, and he soon accepts them as family.
* "Because I love...dew."
* Near the end of the movie when Denahi, who has believed that Kenai was killed by the bear that he has been chasing but actually ''is'' said bear, confronts Kenai, but [[spoiler:Koda, who had recently learned to accept that Kenai has made a mistake after hearing Rutt and Tuke talk about caring for each other despite their flaws, [[BigDamnHeroes the little bear cub saves Kenai from Denahi]].]]
** After all that, Kenai [[spoiler:is turned back into a human but decides to be a bear again to take care of Koda since he (Koda) doesn't have a mother anymore]]. When he becomes a bear again, he and Koda begin playing together on the mountain, Denahi (who finally learns the truth of the "bear" he had been hunting) eventually joining in.
-->'''Denahi''': No matter what you choose, you'll always be my little brother.
** Also how Kenai springs back into action once Koda shows up and puts himself in between the two of them, despite his reluctance to harm Denahi in any way thus far. He may not be willing to protect himself, [[BigBrotherInstinct but he will]] ''[[BigBrotherInstinct not]]'' [[BigBrotherInstinct let Denahi hurt Koda.]]
* The fact that Denahi became Tanana's apprentice at the end of the first movie, succeeding her as the tribe's shaman and goes on to tell his and his brothers' story to subsequent generations well into his old age, shows he took his Totem - the Wolf of Wisdom - to heart.
* It's easy to miss, since the moose brothers are only recurring characters in the films, but there's also Rutt and Tuke's relationship with Koda. Like Kenai, they develop a soft spot for a bear cub that's not a member of their species. In a deleted scene for the first film, they take Koda's side during an argument with Kenai, and in the sequel, despite being well established as [[LovableCoward lovable cowards]], [[spoiler: they quickly accompany Kenai on a rescue mission to save 'smallish bear' from a village of human hunters]].
* Kenai earnestly helping Nita conquer her aquaphobia in the river. He's come a long way from the short-sighted teen he was at the start of the original film.
* [[spoiler: Kenai and Nita's wedding]] at the end of the sequel.
** Before that, [[spoiler: Nita's transformation into a bear]] crosses with a CrowningMomentOfAwesome.