* "You don't need everybody liking you. Just the ones that matter."
* Kate telling Betty that her stopped when she thought Betty was in danger.
* Leon's sermon.
* "If you can't love her the way she wants, just love her the way you can."
* Lorna's speech the morning after Betty [[spoiler:gets beaten by the men who attempted to rape Teresa.]]
* Gladys insisting on control over the trust fund which pays her.
* Gladys admitting to Marco she's been a "lousy friend" and helping him out of his jam after that.
* Betty and Kate's conversation in the series finale.
* Clifford's speech to Gladys which wins her over, also in the series finale.
* Vera and Quincy's adorable tete-a-tete.
* Gladys bringing a tree to the vegetable garden [[spoiler: to commemorate James]] as the planting of said tree is an extremely heartwarming ShoutOut to the flag-raising on Iwo Jima.
* In the movie finale:
** [[spoiler:Marco's father is released from the internment camp, and just when the USA has been announced as allowing Italian-Americans to enlist in the armed forces.]]
** [[spoiler:Betty and Kate rekindle their friendship after some adroit go-betweening by Gladys. Later, after Marco splits his betting winnings with Betty, she buys a house and offers Kate a place to stay for as long as she wants.]]
** [[spoiler:Vera's wake.]]
** Last but not least, Bob's continuing slow but certain improvement in his ability to walk unaided by crutches. This also doubles as a moment of awesome.