* Opus's ultimate fate: [[spoiler:living inside ''GoodnightMoon''.]]
** To give you an idea of how heartwarming this is: Steve Dallas, of all people, took off his sunglasses and is ''smiling''.
* The ending of "Opus".
** Not to mention the endings of "Bloom County" and "Outland". Berkeley Breathed is good at this.
* Yaz Pistachio bemoans the fact that she doesn't fit in anywhere--not with the jockettes, cheerleaders, valley girls--nowhere. [[http://john.seikdel.net/gocomics.php?date=090807&comic=blm Opus says otherwise.]]
* Opus meets Cutter John for the first time. [[http://john.seikdel.net/gocomics.php?date=080506&comic=blm Heartwarming ensues.]]
* In the ''Complete Library'', after oh-so-many pages of Breathed's commentary bemoaning the outdated pop-culture gags, creative missteps and overt political commentary, he gives us this gem, showing us in some small way that he doesn't think it was all bad.
-->''I laughed at "Elisabeth Dole's olive" 25 years later. In case some of you think me too jaded to still do so.''
* In one of the earliest ''Outland'' strips, Mortimer and Tim W. Forty brave the filth and gunfire of Ronald-Ann's neighborhood to smuggle her back to Outland, where she can sleep peacefully.