* Opus's ultimate fate: [[spoiler:living inside ''Literature/GoodnightMoon''.]]
** To give you an idea of how heartwarming this is: Steve Dallas, of all people, took off his sunglasses and is ''smiling''.
* The ending of "Opus".
** Not to mention the endings of "Bloom County" and "Outland". Berkeley Breathed is good at this.
* Yaz Pistachio bemoans the fact that she doesn't fit in anywhere--not with the jockettes, cheerleaders, valley girls--nowhere. [[http://john.seikdel.net/gocomics.php?date=090807&comic=blm Opus says otherwise.]]
* Opus meets Cutter John for the first time. [[http://john.seikdel.net/gocomics.php?date=080506&comic=blm Heartwarming ensues.]]
* In the ''Complete Library'', after oh-so-many pages of Breathed's commentary bemoaning the outdated pop-culture gags, creative missteps and overt political commentary, he gives us this gem, showing us in some small way that he doesn't think it was all bad.
-->''I laughed at "Elisabeth Dole's olive" 25 years later. In case some of you think me too jaded to still do so.''
* In one of the earliest ''Outland'' strips, Mortimer and Tim W. Forty brave the filth and gunfire of Ronald-Ann's neighborhood to smuggle her back to Outland, where she can sleep peacefully.
* Cozy [[https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/pb.108793262484769.-2207520000.1441562462./1035799059784180/?type=1&theater asking]] Milo about what the deal with Cutter John is, and we learn that the reason he pretends his wheelchair is a spaceship, and he was injured because "his co-pilot dropped him in a TIE fighter crapstorm" and that it is easier to forgive a Wookiee than Bush and Chaney. Cozy's response?
-->'''Cozy:''' Am I going to need seatbelts with [[ComicStrip/CalvinAndHobbes Spaceman Spiff]]?
-->'''Milo:''' Buckle up.
* Opus' "[[https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/pb.108793262484769.-2207520000.1441562462./1037101392987280/?type=1&theater Wooing service]]" - he and his friends are dressed as chocolates. When he finds out Cozy has already agreed to date Cutter John, he asks if there's a "Wooee-in-Waiting" to render services to. Cozy's daughter Abby volunteers. Opus, Oliver, Binkley and Bill preceed to entertain her.
* In the Christmas 2015 cartoon, Steve Dallas spends the holiday with his ex's [[LittlestCancerPatient sick son]], even decorating his hospital room with the boy's ''Franchise/StarWars'' stuff. That's right - ''Steve Dallas.''
* A recent one-panel strip crosses over with a CrowningMomentOfFunny: the gang pays tribute to DavidBowie by dressing like him in his classic Thin White Duke persona - except Steve, who dressed like Ziggy Stardust.