* That reassuring look that Obi-Wan gives Luke while battling Vader. [[spoiler:Of course it's twisted into a TearJerker moment seconds later.]]
* At the end we find out that R2 will NOT be the victim of the HeroicSacrifice after all.
* [[BigDamnHeroes "You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"]]
* Luke hearing Obi-Wan's voice during the Trench Run. There is a wonderful realization that Luke is [[YouAreNotAlone not alone]], even with Darth Vader on his tail, and the old Jedi Knight is still around in spirit to help.
--> '''Kenobi:''' ''Remember, the Force will be with you, always.''
* After C-3PO spends the whole movie berating R2 and saying the whole situation is his fault, before the attack on the Death Star he just tells R2 to come back safely. "You wouldn't want my life to get boring, would you?". And when he sees R2 has been damaged, he tells Luke "Sir, if any of my circuits or gears will help, I'll gladly donate them!"
* Luke's reunion with Biggs before the Battle of Yavin, reinserted in the Special Edition. It gives better closure to Biggs' character, [[WeHardlyKnewYe after having little known about him previously]].
* The medal awards ceremony, in particular the gentle violin melody celebrating peace and hope that follows the thunderous martial anthem of "The Force Theme."
* Obi-Wan consoling Luke after discovering [[spoiler:Owen and Beru were murdered by Stormtroopers while he was away]].
-->'''Obi-Wan:''' There's nothing you could've done had you been there. You would have been killed too, and the droids would now be in the hands of the Empire.
* The scene right after Obi-Wan saves Luke and the droids from the Tusken Raiders. Luke and Kenobi find C-3P0 with a severed arm and the droid suggests he be abandoned while the others get away. Luke's reaction is simply that of ''course'' they are not going leave their companion behind. If that does not mark Luke as a hero you can respect, nothing will in the series.
** And when Threepio is lamenting about how there's no point in the others being put at risk to save him and how he's done for, Luke comfortingly replies with "No you're not, what kind of talk is that?" He's actually treating this droid -- who many others could have dismissed as just a machine and abandoned to get out of danger -- like a person, and it really shows what a good guy Luke is.
* A meta-example, overlapping with awesome; at the 1997 MTV Movie Awards, Chewbacca was given the Lifetime Achievement Award - in the form of the medal that he never got at the end of Episode IV. The really awesome part? George Lucas allowed it on one condition...that Peter Mayhew himself wear the wookie suit. Even better, Carrie Fisher was the one who gave Chewie his medal. The ovation of the crowd was deafening.
* Han spends the film belittling the Jedi and the Force, however, he says "May the Force be with you." to Luke before the Battle of Yavin.
* At first Han doesn't get along with Luke or Leia. After their adventure on the Death Star they're [[TrueCompanions best friends.]]
* Leia draping a blanket over Luke and comforting him after [[spoiler: Obi-Wan's death.]]
* The first time Obi-Wan takes off his hood and sees R2-D2. Yeah, it's a big fat retcon, but it's easy to interpret him being coy with his phrase "I don't seem to remember owning a droid." With R2's little beep in response, you get the feeling the two of them are in on the secret while Luke and Threepio aren't.