* When the two (now ''much'' older) sister reunite at the end of the film.
* When a fellow Peach tells the illiterate Shirley that she's not been cut and is her teammate.
* Bob showing up at the team house and surprising Dottie.
* The much older Stillwell showing up at the Baseball Hall of Fame in place of his mother Evelyn [[spoiler: who died a few years before.]]
--> '''Stillwell:''' When I heard about this, I felt like I owed it to her to be here. She always said it was the best time she ever had.
* Jimmy shoving away the tactless courier who was going to withhold the notice of [[spoiler: Betty's husband's death in the war]] due to not knowing who to give it to and personally giving the message himself. The courier did say that they should send somebody personal. Why not the coach that the girls had come to care about and vice versa?