Heartwarming Moments of ''Literature/ABrothersPrice''.
* Eldest Whistler, for all that she's an [[AloofOlderBrother Aloof Eldest Sister]], causes a lot of these with her intense familial loyalty and her kindness to her insecure, vulnerable brother Jerin.
** She finds a [[ShamefulStrip stripped]] and murdered man she vaguely knew and takes her coat off [[YouMustBeCold to cover him with]], "her eyes furious". She's then desperately afraid for her little brothers and has to go back [[BigBrotherInstinct to protect them]].
** This is a world where a man who's had premarital sex is often considered be ruined forever. Eldest is ''enraged'' when she believes Ren raped her brother, but cools to hear his explanations and is gentle when he bursts into tears.
--> "We don't blame you, honey."
--> "[[QuestionableConsent I could have fought.]]"
--> "She's a princess. All her life people have obeyed her commands. You're a boy. All your life you have listened to others. It was up to her to stop at any no you have, even if it was whispered."
** Eldest pretty much constantly insisting that her brother is not ''livestock''.
** How she gradually sheds her hatred of Ren and comes to see her as a good woman.
** That EffortlessAmazonianLift, and the first time Jerin ever sees her blush.
** "Rescuing" Cullen from his family, especially since Jerin, hearing the plan, says, "Ah, a husband raid. What us Whistlers do best." Eldest's indulgent affection for Cullen.
** The letter she writes to Jerin. He may be a boy and she may condescend to him a little, but she does believe in his competence and some ability to take care of himself.
** The BigDamnHeroes moment at the end of the book.
** The distressing tangle of what to do with [[spoiler: Eldie Porter]] is covered on CycleOfRevenge and YouKilledMyFather, but Eldest [[TakeAThirdOption comes up with]] [[HappilyAdopted a third option]].
--> "There is redemption for the innocent."
** Related to the above scene, Eldest's comment about she thinks her "family started when a group of women banded together and called themselves sisters." -- Her family started as a FamilyOfChoice!
** The wedding.
--> "Chin up. Eyes front. Show no fear. You're a Whistler - [[CallOnMe and your family will always be there if you need us]]."
* Mother Elder giving Corelle a chance to make up for her poor decisions.
--> "You can't make good decisions as an adult if you were never allowed to make any decisions while you were a child."
* The Whistler sisters are too proud to admit total ignorance of the bell-pull system. Without being told, Jerin knows to ask for them.
* Sometimes it's the little things, such as when reluctant bride Trini finally takes Jerin's hand and addresses him affectionately. She doesn't have a problem with him as a person, she just didn't really want to remarry. Given how brutal the princesses' first husband was toward her, her attitude is understandable. It's still really nice when she does warm up to her new husband, though.
** Trini, period. She is very protective of Jerin, and just as keen on riding to his rescue when he is kidnapped as her sisters.
* Preparing for a hot bath in the family bath house (a highly unusual amenity) Jerin reflects on how the said house was just one of the several ways his grandmothers turned themselves inside-out to please their captured husband. Basically what Alannon wanted he got - he seems to have been happy with his low-class soldier wives.
* When Jerin is in the process of going catatonic with worry that the princesses will reject him after being kidnapped Cira reassures him that even if everyone else abandons him she will stay by his side, regardless of whether he is seen as unclean or not. Considering their society's views on male purity and the true nature of her identity this is a really big deal.
* A more personal one for Cira/[[spoiler: Princess Halley]] comes after she and Jerin come up with their plan to escape with him dressed up as a whore on the morning porter. In the process of getting him ready, Jerin asks how Cira knows what she does about whores and she explains to him she once had a lover who was the daughter of one. Said lover left her after she got a scar on her face. While she is obviously upset by the scar, Jerin says it becomes her like an exotic piece of jewelry. Enraged she pulls her shirt off and shows him her back, which is described as a mass of puckered skin and silvery scars, calling herself repulsive. Jerin, who at this point has no idea who she is and is under no pressure to lie, just rubs her skin and tells her she's not. She actually does mount him in place from how moved she is, stopped only by two layers of clothes and his desperate cries about being faithful to his wives. [[spoiler: Of course she is one of his wives, he just doesn't know that yet.]]