* Can anyone think up a reason, besides pissing off the player, as to why Yoshi dies if he so much as brushes any kind of spike?
** They give him really bad tetanus?
** Baby Bowser got them from [[VideoGame/MegaManClassic Dr. Wily]]?
** Poisoned, maybe?
** He actually gets hurt by them, just like falling off the screen, whereas getting hit by anything else merely knocks the baby from his back?
*** When Yoshi gets hit by an enemy while carrying Mario in [[Videogame/SuperMarioWorld Super Mario World]], the plumber merely falls off his back. Maybe it's a [[ContinuityNod Continuity Nod]].
* If a boss fight takes place in Prince Froggy's stomach, how come you die if on a later level, if you get eaten by a Lunge Fish?
** Maybe Kamek (who made Yoshi shrink in the first place) made it so Yoshi would live, and be alive while Prince Froggy was digesting him.
** Frogs do not chew their food, so Yoshi survives being eaten.
* What exactly do these "stars" do in ''Yoshi's Island DS''? I mean as in the star children; the reason Bowser goes back in time. What do they do? Does it give them some kind of power or something. It was rather ambiguous.
** It... gives them top billing in the series, including spinoffs? Maybe it's more than that, but I wouldn't know. Still, I'm fond of the theory that the seventh star child, a green Yoshi, was granted the ability to speak properly. Thus he's the fluent Yoshi seen in a number of earlier games, most notably ''Videogame/SuperMarioRPG'', where he serves as a translator.
** (Original Poster) I believe that the green Yoshi who is the seventh star child is ''THE'' Yoshi, and it makes sense (they wouldn't just make it a random Yoshi). But is it officially him?
** Well, Bowser stated that the power the stars would give him would enable him to take over the universe, so I guess that's the answer...
* Just where is World 6 anyways? And why does Yoshi need to climb to the top of the island to get there?
** Several options
*** Hell, or a hell archetype: It's a wasteland full of dead or evil things where it's always night.
*** A completely unrelated island: Kamek told Yoshi he would never reach the Koopa kingdom, so there's that.
*** An alternate version of the main island: and evil version obviously.
** The top of Yoshi's island is probably the only place he could teleport from. If the island really is another world rather than just a different island, then it could outright be the only way to get in. Which would also explain why Kamek had a castle built there.
** The crater of the island's volcano? It is a solitary island in the tropics after all.
* Why why why why WHY did they feel the need to A. [[spoiler:Bring Adult Bowser into the plot of ''Yoshi's New Island'' with no reason.]] and B. [[spoiler:Completely destroy the original game's ending, only to recycle it verbatim with an added Adult Mario in the past stinger thrown in with no explanation?]]
** [[spoiler: Alternate continuity? Then again, recent ''Mario'' games have decided to recycle and/or shaft stories. Did Miyamoto direct ''Yoshi's New Island''?]]
* Why does the boss of the first fortress you come to (World 1-4 I ''think'') fly around the room expelling air after you defeat him? Was he holding in a massive fart for the whole battle?
* Why does Yoshi have a hard time throwing a giant egg from a Fat Guy in ''Yoshi's Island'', yet has no problem throwing a Mega Eggdozer which is about ten times bigger then an egg from a Fat Guy in ''Yoshi's New Island''?
* Since the stork is a real thing in this world and we're assuming sex doesn't exist my question is this; how does the stork know when and who to bring babies? Does it get summoned by the wedding bells? While we're at it who makes the babies?