* What is the CBI's jurisdiction?
** It's a California state police agency.
*** I know that much, but they don't seem to have the same jurisdiction as the real life CHP. They seem to be closer to the FBI, except only in California.
*** Think of them as a made-up West Coast version of the Texas Rangers.
*** And yet, in Season 6, they can apparently be shut down completely by a federal judge.
*** Federal law trumps state.
* How exactly could Kristina be that catatonic? Yes, I know, Red John is a sick dude who could just fuck with your head, but she's still human, all right. Every so often, she has to ''piss.''
** Not to be gross, but that doesn't mean she has to do anything active about it. It'll happen eventually no matter what. Happens to people in RealLife, remember?
** How does she ''drink'', then? She thought she was dead.
*** She may assume that when she eats, drinks, uses the toilet or sleeps, she's just vividly ''reminiscing'' about when she was alive and had to do such things.
** Or, more prosaically, she was hooked up to an IV drip. That would take care of eating and drinking.
* Is anyone else wondering why Rigsby and Sarah broke up? As an addition to this, Rigsby didn't seem too brokenhearted after getting dumped by THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD.
** They broke up because Rigsby faked his own death (rather gruesomely) without letting her in on the plan. She spent 1-3 days fearing that the father of her infant son had been killed. When he revealed himself as alive, I assume she was so upset with him for doing that to her that she broke up with him. As for Rigsby not being upset, maybe their relationship is getting better offscreen, with a chance to rebuild, or he is just happy that she still allows him custody of their son.
** In season 6, Rigsby confides in Cho that the only reason he proposed to Sarah was because they had a child together; while he obviously cared for her, he wasn't in love with her. He's also become self aware enough to realize why she would be hurt by his faking the dead, and understand her reasoning. So with the child being the most important aspect of the relationship to him, there's no reason for him to get upset.
* Okay, so in the Season 2 finale, we meet Red John, who murders two killers who have engaged in "cheap imitations" of his own particular style. Just one of many ways, evidently, to get on this serial killer's bad side. So then, why isn't Dr. Linus Wagner dead?
** Wagner is in prison.
*** Though now that we know that [[spoiler:Red John is basically running a whole organization of dirty cops and CBI agents]], why he isn't dead is even ''more'' suspicious.
*** InUniverse: If Wagner gets killed, Jane would investigate the prison officials responsible. OutOfUniverse: EarlyInstallmentWeirdness.
** It may be that he thought Wagner wasn't quite as cheap an imitation as the other two were, having a better motive if nothing else (WellIntentionedExtremist versus a couple of psychos doing it ForTheEvulz- he spared their friend since while he was involved, he was also not very bright and clearly forced into it), and greater restraint. Also, while he may hate "cheap imitations", that isn't why he killed them- he did it to save Jane, who made his life interesting. Wagner got caught and would either be executed (he later tries to make a deal to get off death row) or would at least spend a very long time in prison; those two were going to murder Jane and completely get away with everything. He hates cheap imitations, but he usually likes to have a slightly better reason for killing you, especially if there is risk involved.
* How does Red John guess who Jane suspected he was? This has never been explained.
** He probably learned what Lorelei told Jane and was capable of deducing those identities through his network of disciples.
** It's also possible that he did legitimately have psychic powers.
*** If that was true you'd think he would have seen his death coming.
* In earlier episodes Lisbon tells Jane that if he kills Red John she will arrest him, because she canīt let that happen. In a much later episode she speaks with Jane and tells him, that she changed her mind and she has no problem if Red John gets murdered by Jane, and Red John doesnīt deserve to get a trial, or something like that. I donīt know the episode and her exact words, but she said she changed her mind. Jane doesnīt really believe her and thinks that Lisbon only pretends to change her mind. I always wondered if Lisbon was serious about her change of mind, or if she was just faking it.