* Why is it that the Thwomps, Whomps, and Tox Boxes can [[OneHitKill crush Mario stone dead with just one pound]] while Giant Bowser's punch does standard damage to Mario? You'd think his size should count for something.
** Have you seen those guys? The way they crush the ground, you'd think they were made of lead. Their attacks hit HARD (the Mario Party game "Cardiators" puts a Thwomp impact as the absolute strongest attack among major Mario enemies). But they're slow and predictable. Bowser himself can't hit as hard, but he's highly adaptable, can strategize on the fly, and can actually attack in more than one way and without a rhythm.
* How do the Piantas who live in that space island known as Starshine Beach Galaxy get food to eat?
** I'm guessing they live completely on the Dash Peppers and Blimp Fruit that grow there?
*** Seems kind of a pain to get blown up into a balloon after every meal.
**** Maybe the fruits only affect Yoshis?
** They also seem to lack any noticeable houses.
** They could also eat those crab enemies.
* ''VideoGame/SuperMarioGalaxy'' opens at the Star Festival, which happens every hundred years, right? And ''VideoGame/SuperMarioGalaxy2'' ... ''also'' opens at the Star Festival, which happens every hundred years? Are these GenerationXerox characters a hundred years later? Or is it still the ''same'' Star Festival, and Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser twice in the same night? (I haven't finished the first game yet, so if that provides some sort of explanation, apologies.)
** Mario and Co and immortal, duh.
** Wasn't the universe destroyed and recreated at the end of the first game? I'm thinking it was created a little younger than the original was destroyed.
*** Yeah, what the above poster said. I was under the impression that the end of ''Galaxy 1'' was a big ResetButton that threw Mario back to the point the game started from, with the exceptions of Bowser's attacking and the newly-formed Galaxy.
* Assuming that, in-universe, Lubba and his starship did exist in the first game, even if from a developmental standpoint they hadn't yet been invented, and given there does seem to be some sort of intergalactic postage system in both games, why did Rosalina at no point think to try contacting Lubba and his crew to ask if they could borrow some of their Power Stars to power the observatory and stop Bowser that way...?
* How do giant Lumas work? They seem to appear only in the Supermassive Galaxy...How would Rosalina ever be able to take care of them? When they transform, do other giant galaxies form as a result? How many Star Bits would it take to sustain one of them?
* So after you collect 242 Power Stars, Rosalina comes and stays on board Starship Mario, which is pretty cool. But...where is she keeping the observatory during this time, and what's to stop Bowser from going and stealing ''her'' Power Stars again?
* Isn't it a little weird that they show Luma alongside Mario whenever he confronts Bowser, unlike how they did in the first game...even though you never use the powers he grants you in any of the subsequent battles? I know it's probably meant to symbolize YouAreNotAlone, but every battle against Bowser involves Ground-Pounding meteors into him - Mario could've won the battle easily even if he hadn't had the power to spin thanks to Luma.