* If she really is "Queen" Alena, how come she wasn't able to stop Robotnik from taking over Mobius? Did she not have an army or anything?
** Maybe it's a Constitutional Monarchy, and their power only amounts to influence?
** Or maybe she did but it wasn't strong enough.
** Semi-explained, Robotnik apparently overthrew from the inside, and with him being a technological genius and apparently rolling in cash, it'd not out of the way for him to be able to build a much more powerful robot army or buy over the soldiers.
* I'll preface this by saying that, as a kid, I loved this series, but seriously, what is the deal with the prophecy? It's been a long time since I've seen the series but it honestly makes no sense. In order to overthrow Robotnik, Queen Alena must reunite with her children... but here's the kicker: in order for the prophecy to come true, she has to separate herself from her children. Well, duh, how else can she "reunite" with them? And why does she have to give them up in the first place? Does the act of reunion carry some huge, mystical power? To me, it sounds like a really bad excuse for an origin story.
** Wasn't separating them for safety or something?
** Exactly. We probably would have gotten more of an explanation had the series not been canceled.
** They're all fugitives from Robotnik equally; are they really made any safer by being split up? Besides, when they were split up their medallions didn't work. That Oracle dude has a lot to answer for...
** A mother hedgehog who resembles the queen and three babies on the run is a lot more conspicuous than a woman hedgehog who resembles the queen on the run, not mention the oracle told her to separate from her children but the whole making them grow up with different families was her own idea, and makes sense since Robotnik would expect them to be together
* Sleet and Dingo are bounty hunters who are working for Robotnik under penalty of imprisonment and/or robotisication, and not of the own volition. But Sleet has a remote that can turn Dingo in literally anything. Why doesn't Sleet just turn Dingo into an Uzi and defeat Robotnik and his troops?
** 1. Children's cartoon, buddy, and 2. Sleet and Dingo are power hungry, but at least in some episode's its established that they want to just finish this job and get paid. They don't really desire to control Mobius except in the three parter, and it seemed once they screwed that one up they gave up on the idea pretty quick.
* What always irritated me about the separation of the mother and children was that the prophesy was that Robotnik would be defeated when they reunited (or sometimes vice-versa) and formed the Council of Four. The creation of the Council of Four seems to be the one thing that can defeat him. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for all the times Queen Aleena dodges her kids by inches - sometimes it was necessary for their safety, but most of the time it was her escaping them. How are they supposed to reunite with their mother and overthrow Robotnik if she's always dodging them?
** Supposedly, all those near-misses were because it "wasn't yet the right time". If they got together too soon, the prophecy wouldn't come true... for some reason.
** My guess is that the siblings need to mature before they can truly form the Council of Four.
** [[AllThereInTheManual The answer may lie in the theme song]] "I long for my children, but I have to wait/ to act too soon could seal their fate"
* Why did the Oracle warn Robotnik, too? If he hadn't done that, the kids would never have been put in danger in the first place.
** Maybe the Oracle wanted Robotnik to realise "You shouldn't waste your time with this since your downfall will be certain if you do."
* Why is it when someone gets roboticized they end up looking like cyborgs yet Argus looks like a full robot. Also in this series Uncle Chuck looks more like a cyborg while in Satam he is a full robot, what's up with that?
** Different series. Lately in Archie, Eggman is now keen on cyborgs, but he often uses mind-control chips too. It seems to me this was the road Robotnik took.
* I just realized something, what would happen if Sleet and Dingo (somehow) planned a way to get Robotnik roboticized in his own roboticizer and it worked, would it mean Sleet and Dingo take over as rulers of Robotropolis and would it interfere with the prophecy?
** The Oracle's prediction is that the Council of Four defeats Robotnik. Assuming this is 100% accurate, then we can safely assume that nothing else can. Maybe the future [[YouCantFightFate can't be changed]], or maybe even with knowledge of how it plays out, any attempt you make to change it is simply [[YouAlreadyChangedThePast a static part of how it was meant to happen]]. Sleet and Dingo take over Robotropolis? Maybe they fail, or it's only temporary, or Robotnik himself regains control (possibly with the aid of the siblings, who become aware of what we're discussing here). Robotnik gets robotocized? Maybe the means to reverse it are discovered at some point, and Robotnik himself is the first to be restored. The Oracle never gave any details on what would happen before ''or'' after Aleena reunites with her children -- only that they will remove Robotnik ''for good''.
* In "Underground Masquerade", Sleet and Dingo get Manic arrested as part of a plan to embezzle tax money. Um, okay, but ''he's a freedom fighter and everybody knows this'', so why wouldn't Robotnik just order him Roboticized instead? Shouldn't his robots be programmed to alert him automatically when they capture a major resistance player?
** If you haven't noticed at the beginning of episode both Sleet and Dingo were thinking about ''taking the money for themselves by using Manic as a distraction''. Robotnick would happen to have no clue ''because'' Sleet wouldn't had even told Robotnick, otherwise the plan to take the money for themselves would fail the instant they said "We got Manic of the Sonic Underground, boss!"