* Okay, so there's a military quarantine around Raccoon City, the whole place is filled with zombies, and the whole place is gone to hell...but the Fax in the S.T.A.R.S. office still works? Wouldn't be so bad, except if you examine the radio equipment ''in the same room'', the character notes that it's useless to get a signal.
** Fax operates over a hard phone line. Radio operates over....radio. One ''can'' work while the other is out.
** It does add a FridgeLogic moment when you realize that ''the phone lines work.'' Even if only the fax could get through, a message from the RPD sent back to the FBI's number should get some attention.
*** Considering the military has surrounded Raccoon City and Umbrella is being shut down shortly after the incident in the city, it's a good chance messages ''did'' get out.
*** Of course, this just raises the question of why the FBI would bother sending a fax to an office in a building in a city they ''know'' is overrun with the Living Dead. Especially since the fax comes in when you attempt to leave the room on September 29th, several days after Raccoon City is overrun.
*** Never underestimate a bureaucracy. It could've taken weeks for information to be gathered and cleared to be sent to the RPD. Then, once it's cleared, the paper is put on some clerk's or intern's desk to be sent off, and he goes to fax it, just putting in the number and feeding the paper in without really paying attention to what he was sending and where because it's only one of a dozen such faxes he has to send out that day.
* So at the beginning of Resident Evil 2 did the Raccoon Police Department mail Leon his uniform and sidearm? in most organizations you actually get fitted for that ''on'' your first day not before. On that note why was he issued with ''two'' police radios when A) He by no means needs two radios and B) He hasn't even turned up for work yet - why would they give him one in the first place?
** To be fair, the RPD is shown to be very unconventional (and in other regards, straight out incompetent) in regards to their policies and practices. The S.T.A.R.S unit in particular (no real dress code or standard issue firearms, members hired with no real experience in policing, etc)
** It would seem as if there was a drive to make STARS a far more official organization before it was disbanded though. The standardized Samurai Edge and Chris's green uniform from RE: Veronica seem to be a decent effort. Plus the SWAT team that replaced STARS all seem to wear the same blue uniform and use the same guns - maybe old Brian Irons was aware of the Federal investigations against him and was trying to make the RPD at least ''look'' professional. Although why he didn't start with removing the garish art adorning his station is anyone's guess.
** Leon's RPD markings all seem to be on his armored vest. Underneath he's just wearing a police blue jumpsuit. Its possible he just owned the suit and sidearm and the RPD mailed him a vest. As I understand it, some smaller police departments allow officers to carry their choice of weapons once it is approved, and he may have been on his way to do just that. As for the radios, I don't recall him using one before he jacks the police cruiser and that would presumably have radios in it.
** Adding to the confusion is that Kevin Ryman from ''Outbreak'' wears a uniform almost identical to Leon's, except with an oxford rather than a mandarin collar.
** It's possible that Leon has already made the trip to Raccoon City once before and was given his uniform and weapon there. Or his weapon at least could be his own; many smaller police departments defer cost by allowing officers to buy their own firearms. Notably, in the S.D. Perry novels, he doesn't have his sidearm, he has the custom Desert Eagle that was a gift for graduating the police academy.
* The S.T.A.R.S. office is still stocked and everyone's gear is still there even though, by that point, every single member has quit, died, or faked their own death.
** Not only that, but VideoGame/ResidentEvil3Nemesis takes place chronologically before this game and Jilly V. visited the office to get some equipment of her own. How in gods name there is ''anything'' left for Clair and Leon to scavenge is seriously pushing suspension of disbelief.
** That's not quite true. Brad is still in S.T.A.R.S. and as per ''Outbreak'', the RPD is recruiting for the team. (Kevin Ryman flunked the entrance exam three times.) The presence of a magical respawning weapon in the S.T.A.R.S. weapon locker is weird, but the office would've still been in use for the recruitment process.
** This is why I like the scenarios that mean Jill and Leon find grenade launchers and Claire finds a crossbow in the office. Jill comes in, sees two grenade launchers, only takes one and dismisses the crossbow as useless. Leon turns up, takes the remaining grenade launcher and (if it's still there) also dismisses the crossbow. Claire turns up, takes the crossbow, and (if still there) dismisses the grenade launcher as being impractical. Poor Claire doesn't realise that Raccoon City is saturated in explosive ammunition. It requires a bit of imagination to retroactively place all those items in there, but it works for me.
* In the [=ClaireA/LeonB=] scenario, [[spoiler:Sherry is implanted with embryos by her mutated father]]. It's established by a document Claire finds that if the embryos are not genetically compatible with the host, they'll [[ChestBurster chew their way out]] and grow into a G-Imago. If they ''are'' compatible, however, they slowly transform the host's cells, turning the host into a true G-Virus monster like William. So [[spoiler:the vaccine Claire gives to Sherry will stop her from becoming an eyeball-covered monstrosity... but since it will stop the cellular infection, won't it just ''cause the embryos to chest burst?'']]
** The Devil vaccine causes the virus to go dormant in the host's system. Chest bursting only happens if you're incompatible with the G Monster who infected you; it won't just spawn a G baby.
** Shouldn't this fall into more of the FridgeHorror realm?
** VideoGame/ResidentEvil6 shows [[spoiler: the G-Virus is still in her system, and gives her advanced healing powers.]]
* How did the government know about Sherry's immunity? Who would tell them?
* In [=LeonA/ClaireB=], how did Sherry know who Leon was on the train?