* Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it: Phalen isn't as thin as the title cards portray him as. With people like [[WebVideo/AtopTheFourthWall Linkara]], it's passable, since his coat makes him look heavier than he actually is, but with Phelous it seems a bit jarring.
** It's not like that really matters, though; it's just a drawing. Drawing proportions =/= real life proportions anyway. Also, rather amusingly, "Phalen" is a girl name while "Phelan" is a guy name (the latter is his).
** The problem with the title cards is that everyone loses weight in then. Phelous, Linkara (watch his review of ''Star Trek #1'' and then his review of ''Star Trek #2''), Critic, Chick, etc.
*** From the artist's point of view, though, what are you supposed to do when presented with someone who is a little overweight (like Phelous or Linkara), who you like and has asked you to do title cards for them? Even Sean Fausz gets slimmed down a bit in drawings, but at least with him you know he is fully aware of being a large man, and it's too obvious not to portray at least a bit. With the others, though, you kind of want to make the drawings a bit more flattering. Weight is still a controversial issue. With the Critic's title cards, I think it's just the style, as Doug is slim normally. The only thing I really take issue with is the Chick, because she is normal weight, but the title cards show her as super-skinny when it's unnecessary.
* Is there a reason why his review of Satan Claus is called "Disney's Satan Claus"? It's clearly not a Disney film.
** I think it's a joke about how it's clearly not a Disney film.
** It's a pun on the Tim Allen movie TheSantaClause also known as Disney's (The) Santa Clause.
* So at what point did Phelous start having an ongoing story arc?
** It's a friendly TakeThat at people that do, like [[WebVideo/AtopTheFourthWall Linkara]] or [[WebVideo/TheSpoonyExperiment Spoony]], I remember some lines like "Wait, if you're from an alternate universe then how is this all happening?" he's LampshadeHanging the idea of these rather silly reviews having plots.
* Why did a mushroom grow out of his head in his Super Mario Christmas episode?
* Why does it seem that Phelous always pronounces "lantern" as "lantrin"?
* In "In The Name Of The King 2", why did he keep referencing Sugar Bear and his Cereal, Sugar Crisp?
** I believe because Sugar Bear is very laid back and has a monotone voice, and the references were comparing how laid back the movie character was.
* What sort of ethnic background does Phelous's family have in order for him to have such an uncommon real name?
** According to TheOtherWiki, Porteous is a Scottish surname. Googling Phelan reveals it is normally apparently a surname as well, and is Irish in origin, meaning roughly "Wolf." So someone named Phelan Porteous likely comes from a family with a Scots-Irish background.
** According to Wikipedia, Phelan is Welsh and Porteous is Scottish.